Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS not working for 2 weeks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My connected GPS on my iPhone 6s no longer working over the last few weeks. If it does connect, it will disconnect afte a few minutes. I’ve chatted online with Fitbit and called customer service. They have not been able to fit the problem. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Cycleguy101. Great to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the Connected GPS on your Blaze not staying connected after a while 😕

I've heard of a couple other users having this same problem but I'm not sure this is a general issue or just isolated cases.

Normally, when you use Connected GPS somewhere full of trees or tall buildings, this will sometimes cause the connectivity to lose. Now, if you've been using it constantly before without a problem, I don't think that could be the cause. I can probably recommend restarting your tracker and phone. For your tracker, you can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot and after you've restarted your phone, you can try to record a test walk with the GPS connected and see if it works.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
This has not worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... Okay... What about setting up your tracker as a new device? If you have not tried this yet, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Then see if this makes any difference. Thanks for getting back @Cycleguy101 and let me know what happens.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already did that with someone from phone support this past weekend. No offense but it really seems that no one knows what’s going on with this feature. Kind of frustrating and makes me want to get rid of my fit bit blaze.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is only a temporary fix (resetting the Fitbit and removing and adding). This is a very frustrating issue that numerous people in this forum are having. If it’s not fixed, I for one will be looking for a new fitness tracker.

Best Answer

I agree. It has been over a month for me. I’m done with Fitbit and will soon go with either a Garmin or Apple Watch. The only reason I bought a Fitbit is to use it on my bicycle rides. Pretty worthless right now.

Best Answer
I switched to the Apple Watch about a month ago!!! Love it!! I tried to
stay loyal to fitbit but if they aren’t going to fix the problem, they are
going to lose a lot of customers!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only reason I wanted a Blaze was that connected GPS lasts longer than stand alone GPS. I ride 10 hours on lots of days and figured a stand-alone GPS watch would not last. Do you know if this is true?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m only charging my Apple Watch every other day, and I wear it all the
time except for showering. I usually do a 5 mile(ish) walk every day. Not
sure about a 10 mile bike ride.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had GPS issues with the Blaze i ride and run yes under tree cover,never had any issues with other devices

what use is a gps tracker that doesn't have the capability to work under cover 

Definatly concidering a complete change had enough 

Best Answer
0 Votes