Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Outlook Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I have an appointment on my Outlook Calendar coming up, my Fitbit buzzes EVERY MINUTE for fifteen minutes leading up to it to remind me. I've tried everything I can think of, it's so annoying! Help!

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi there @cmcody. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

There's something I can suggest about this for you to try. Go to your bluetooth settings on your phone. In the connected devices, tap on the Blaze. Then hit the option that says "Forget this device".

After this, go to the Fitbit app and tap on the icon of your Blaze at the top of the screen. Here go to the Notifications section and enable the notifications again and see how it goes from there.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it eliminated the Outlook Calendar as an option.  Is there anything else we can do?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and I was not able to resolve it on my Fitbit Versa with your suggestion. My versa continues to buzz every minute for the entirety of the reminder period. I can not find any way to customize or turn off this option. For now I've had to turn off calendar notification on my Versa, because I simply could not deal with it buzzing every single minute, but I would like to use this option if there is a way to fix this issue. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue and can't find any settings to fix it. Unpaired and paired with no luck. No additional settings as far as I can tell. 

Best Answer
Isn't it frustrating? The only thing you can do is not use notifications
for outlook, because it drives you crazy, which is definitely not a
solution.
Best Answer

Just received my Versa yesterday. I've got the exact same problem - every minute leading up to a scheduled event, the thing buzzes. 

Is this acknowledged by Fitbit as an issue, and is it being worked on? If not, I'm going to return it. Having Outlook notifications on my wrist is literally the only reason I opted for Versa instead of a simpler/smaller/cheaper tracker. 

Best Answer

Same exact problem here and extremely frustrating!! 

Turning off Outlook reminders isn't an option for fixing it. We should be able to swipe them to not show up anymore like you would on your mobile device. 

Best Answer

Same problem here with the Versa. Only way to fix it from repeatedly notifying is to dismiss the notification on my phone

Best Answer

I am also having this issue with a Blaze using a Pixel 3 . Has this not been solved yet?

Best Answer

Same issue in January 2019! My outlook calendar notifications vibrate and show on the Versa every minute for 15 mins prior to event. I've updated firmware and app, restarted watch, turned off and on notifications etc etc, all to no avail!!

Help please, Fitbit.

Best Answer

Are there any plans to resolve this issue? Fitbit doesn't seem to understand that the Outlook default 15 minute reminder is one reminder and not fifteen minutes of reminders. I'm worried to try an hour reminder for bigger events.

Best Answer

Having the same issue here with my Ionic. Will have to resort to using Google Calendar for my calendar notifications and Outlook for email, so my Ionic won't keep buzzing with calendar events every minute Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem:

Outlook calendar reminders count down each minute on my Blaze as well.  For example, if I have an appointment with a 15 minute reminder, I'll get one at 15 minutes out, 14, 13...1 minute.  It's super annoying and I'll likely have to turn it off.

I'm sorry Fitbit, resetting the Bluetooth is NOT a viable fix and does nothing in this scenario.  Please read the problem description and respond accordingly.

Best Answer

This is NOT a viable solution.  Outlook notification integration with the app is terrible, and it is NOT a problem with the Bluetooth.

Best Answer
Something I found it that if I clear the reminder from my phone I stop
getting the notifications. It's not a real solution, but thought I would
share.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll give that a try
Best Answer
0 Votes

FITBIT support where are you? Same issue here and I'm using the Ionic. Here we are in June 2019 and this issue is still prevalent.

Turning off Outlook notifications or unpairing it is NOT a solution. Nor is clearing the notification from my phone. 

No matter what, I still keep receiving notifications every 1 minute for Outlook calendar reminders. Just now (what prompted me to finally Google this issue), my Fitbit Ionic vibrated at 6:29, 6:28, 6:27, 6:26 and so forth.

Fitbit, your developers have some very prevalent and majorly annoying issues to resolve for your users, who've been dealing with these issues for 2 YEARS now. 

Please respond and forward this thread to the devs in order to fix this properly. Frequently unpairing and all the other "canned" generic responses do not properly fix this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MShawn wrote:

Are there any plans to resolve this issue? Fitbit doesn't seem to understand that the Outlook default 15 minute reminder is one reminder and not fifteen minutes of reminders. I'm worried to try an hour reminder for bigger events.

This. Only ONE 15 minute reminder, 15 minutes prior to an event. NOT 15  reminders every 1 minute for 15 minutes..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please forward these screenshots to your devs. The "workarounds" suggested in this thread do not suffice, and it's been too long to have to keep dealing with these bugs. These bugs are prevalent on ALL Fitbit devices. It's not just the Versa...No, I do not need a vibrating reminder @ 30 minutes, 29, 28, 27 minutes and so on...No, I do not need a vibrating reminder @ 30 minutes, 29, 28, 27 minutes and so on...

All within 1 hour...All within 1 hour...

No wonder my batter doesn't last long because it's always vibrating. And I have an average of 6-10 reminders everyday!No wonder my batter doesn't last long because it's always vibrating. And I have an average of 6-10 reminders everyday!

Best Answer
0 Votes