Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Outlook Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I have an appointment on my Outlook Calendar coming up, my Fitbit buzzes EVERY MINUTE for fifteen minutes leading up to it to remind me. I've tried everything I can think of, it's so annoying! Help!

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

The issue here is not with the FitBit device.

The Outlook app (on Android at least) includes a count-down of how many minutes until the meeting's start time.  This means the notification that comes to your phone is updated each minute ("Meeting/In 15 minutes", "Meeting/In 14 minutes", "Meeting/ in 13 minutes", etc.)  To Android this is essentially a new notification, it doesn't see them as notifications of the same meeting.  So Android throws up a new notification, which FitBit sees and sends to your watch/device.

The issue isn't FitBit, it's how the Outlook app is sending out notifications.

I tested the same thing with a Google calendar event, which only shows the start time in the notification (no count-down updates) and I only got one notification on my device.

Should FitBit support have chimed in and explained this? Yes.  But they're not the bad guys here.  It's the Outlook App and Android's notification system that causes the issue.  FitBit is just handling it the only way it knows how to.

Best Answer
Wow, very interesting. Thanks for explanation as that makes sense. And yes, I agree that the moderators/ Fitbit staff should have known this given the amount of time this thread and similar other threads have been open!

--
Sent from mobile device. Please excuse brevity and spelling.

Eriq Cook
Owner
TEQ Media Group
720.333.3322 o | 720.251.1717 m
www.teqmedia.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like Microsoft is rolling out something that might help us:

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=63429

Outlook for Android: Two way synchronization with local Calendar

Provides 2-way synchronization between the Outlook for Android calendar and users' local device calendar.  When enable, events created in the Outlook app can be viewed and/edited from other local calendar apps, and vice versa, events created in the local other calendar apps can be viewed and edited from within Outlook.

This'd mean that we can turn off Outlook calendar notifications and switch to e.g. Google Calendar to show our notifications. Curious to see if this'll help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes