Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual daily sync problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have to go through the rigmarole of resetting bluetooth, app and shutting off Blaze daily , this has been going on since the last software update. Not happy.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So I was having the same problem where it took an act of god to make my fitbit sync (and I no longer got notifications on my fitbit).  I believe the problem is Bluetooth (Classic), which is really only used for music control.  This solution worked for me

Step 1 - Use the fitbit app to disconnect your blaze from your account
Step 2 - manually go into your phone's bluetooth and "forget device" for blaze and blaze classic

Step 3 - On your blaze, turn off bluetooth classic via the settings menu

Step 4 - Using the fitbit app, reconnect (add device), and follow the steps to reconnect your blaze to your account

You will need to re-do all your other settings, notifications and alarms (through the app).
But now I'm getting notifications again and I've had zero trouble syncing my device since I reconnected.  GPS even works again.  I've even been away from my phone, and had my phone connected to other bluetooth devices, and when I re-open the app, fitbit connects right away, just like it used to.  

The only downside so far is that you won't have music control anymore (that's the only thing that really uses bluetooth classic), which isn't a big deal for me. If I have bluetooth headphones on, I skip, pause, & hit play through other means anyway,

TL/DR - turn off bluetooth classic

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

When desired it's possible to contact the fitbit support team, they can be contacted from the official contact page.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

giphy
Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Forums, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself and @SunsetRunner for stopping by.

I would like to know if you have followed our friend's recommendations and get in touch with our support team? If you haven't and before you do, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Still the same problem as detailed above, it is most definately a software mistake on your part. No problem before the last update, all these problems after the update.

Best Answer

Have you been able to contact the support team

Which phone do you use to sync? (iOS, Android, Windows)?

Does the tracker having issues to sync on the phone only or also when sync'ing on the computer?

Does the tracker having problems sync'ing on a wifi connection or mobile internet connection (or both)? (costs can apply when not having a mobile internet plan).

Feel free turning off the internet router and turn on again if not already done.

Fitbit Article: How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in @SunsetRunner! Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back! Woman Happy

I'd like to know which model of phone you're using to sync? Also, if you got those issues after the last update, please follow these steps to reconnect you Fitbit with your account since it has been helpful for some users. 

Please keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

So I was having the same problem where it took an act of god to make my fitbit sync (and I no longer got notifications on my fitbit).  I believe the problem is Bluetooth (Classic), which is really only used for music control.  This solution worked for me

Step 1 - Use the fitbit app to disconnect your blaze from your account
Step 2 - manually go into your phone's bluetooth and "forget device" for blaze and blaze classic

Step 3 - On your blaze, turn off bluetooth classic via the settings menu

Step 4 - Using the fitbit app, reconnect (add device), and follow the steps to reconnect your blaze to your account

You will need to re-do all your other settings, notifications and alarms (through the app).
But now I'm getting notifications again and I've had zero trouble syncing my device since I reconnected.  GPS even works again.  I've even been away from my phone, and had my phone connected to other bluetooth devices, and when I re-open the app, fitbit connects right away, just like it used to.  

The only downside so far is that you won't have music control anymore (that's the only thing that really uses bluetooth classic), which isn't a big deal for me. If I have bluetooth headphones on, I skip, pause, & hit play through other means anyway,

TL/DR - turn off bluetooth classic

Best Answer

That seems to work.... Very many thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @Azsunyx, thanks a million for the amazing information you've shared! This helped our friend @SunsetRunner, it's good to know what is working for you guys. Keep updating your comments and workarounds, we really appreciate your thoughts! Smiley Very Happy

In case that you have questions about your Fitbit or you can just hand around, I invite you to stay in the Forums; there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips.

This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: You know you're a Fitbit addict when...... or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here!

Happy stepping! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Have Fun Heart

Enjoy all Nourishment Heart

cat-eating-cake-17

Best Answer

I have done all these steps a million times on my Versa and still it goes out of sync every morning. 

It says "Tracker not found" or "Restart Bluetooth". I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone and Fitbit Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes