Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control music while exercising

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
There doesn't seem to be any way to change track or volume whilst exercising, I consider this to be an essential in any fitness tracker that has music control.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see you in the Fitbit Community @nickspiel!

Whenever you're tracking an activity from the Exercise screen, while you're on it, press and hold the top right button and this should bring up the Music Control feature for you to change track, pause or control volume. To exit the music control feature, just press the left button once and it will take you back to your exercise tracking screen.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help with this! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Great to see you in the Fitbit Community @nickspiel!

Whenever you're tracking an activity from the Exercise screen, while you're on it, press and hold the top right button and this should bring up the Music Control feature for you to change track, pause or control volume. To exit the music control feature, just press the left button once and it will take you back to your exercise tracking screen.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help with this! 🙂

Best Answer
Awesome!!!
Best Answer

THANKS!!!!

Alysa Haas
Best Answer
Great incite... I get the option to view the current song playing but cant skip,pause or even control volume...
Please assist before I get grey hairs 😌
Best Answer
Once I'm in exercise I am unable to change music on Fitbit.
Alysa

Sent from my iPhone
Alysa Haas
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @elitePT @alysah. Great to see you around! 🙂

@nickspiel, Do you see the options on the screen for playing, pausing and skipping the tracks but they won't respond when tapped or you only see the name of the track and not the functions at all? A picture of how it looks would help a lot!

@alysah what are you exactly seeing on your screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:

To my surprise, I tried to control the music on my Blaze and it would just show the name of the track and the controls would appear in white but I was not able to do anything at al so I suppose this is what was happening to you both @alysah @elitePT. This is what I did to get it to work again:

1. Go to your bluetooth settings on your phone.

2. Tap on "i" that is inside a circle on the Blaze

3. Hit "Forget Device"

4. From the available devices, choose the Blaze again for it to connect.

5. Go to the  Fitbit App and sync your tracker.

6.  Eventually, it will ask permission to pair to your bluetooth, so just hit "Pair".

Right after that, it should give you the option to control your music from your Blaze.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
This would have really helped when doing a long charity run. Dang!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lilymae of your asking about how to control music while recording an exercise, simply hold down the upper right button until the music control pops up.

This also will work in any screen, as far as I've been able to determine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx!

Lily
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am able to advance songs and pause/play, but I am not able to control the volume.  I hit the top right button and see the volume controls, but nothing happens when I press the top or bottom button or when I try tapping.  Obviously my Blaze is paired to my phone, but volume control does not work.  Thanks for any assistance!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Grehn27. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

What app are you using for streaming your music? I've heard of some users that have problems with certain apps to control the volume as with Pandora (see the thread here) so that could be the case.

In either situation, I can recommend restarting your Blaze by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and this will make your Blaze to reboot and after that, try it out and see if this makes any difference.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work pairing to another Blaze. Works perfectly.

Thank you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great! Thanks for getting back @Grehn27 and anything else, let me know! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured it out months ago but thank you. I have the Blaze :).

Sent from my iPhone
Alysa Haas
Best Answer
0 Votes

works great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to hear @rmezenen! 😄

Welcome to the Fitbit Community and anything else you may need, let us know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi good afternoon,

The issue I am having is, my blaze classic will connect on both my phone and blaze. But when I select the music section on my Blaze it just reads "connecting/not connected" it goes from one to the other but doesn't connect. It wont show the name of the track or anything. I am using spotify as my music application. Can you help me please, I normally ask for help on the chat section but for some odd reason the chat is unavailable.

-Maria M

Best Answer
0 Votes

First thing i would do is type Spotify into the Search bar near the top of the page. Also take note on the OS in the hits. The different Operating Systems might act dufferently.  Try with the Fitbit app in memory if you havent..

On my Galaxy S5 a restart of the phone always seems to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes