Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Step when asleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I get up many mornings (after wearing it all night) and my Blaze says that I've recorded steps and walk a certain distance. Usually it's couple hundred steps and less than a tenth of a mile and burned 600 calories. I ignore this as being insignificant. However this morning it recorded that I've walked a mile, took 2500 steps and burned 1000 calories. Granted I did have a restless night of sleep, but surely nothing to record that much activity.
So 2 questions: Is there a way to adjust/edit the dashboard's log to be more reflective of my activity (in this case non-activity)?. Also What setting could I change to prevent the recording of such erroneous data?
Thanks
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @NYWGUY. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

It's strange that your tracker is recording that many steps while you're asleep. You can actually change the sensitivity of your tracker while you sleep and maybe this will help but first, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-15 seconds until your tracker restarts. After that, go to your device settings and if you scroll down to Sleep Tracking, you will be able change it to Normal or Sensitive, depending on the current one and see if this makes any difference. Below, you can see a screenshot of how it should look:

Sleep tracking settings.jpg

Now, for those steps that were recorded while you were sleeping, you can actually delete them by logging the "Driving" activity. For the instructions on how to do this, please take a look at this post.

Hope you find this helpful and if you need any more help, let me know! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @NYWGUY.

In order to change this, you will need to do it from your online dashboard on a computer. For that, go to www.fitbit.com/login and log in with your email address and password. Once you're in. go to the top right corner and click on the gear icon and go to Settings. Once you're here, go to the left side column and click on Devices. Once you're there, the settings for your Blaze shoud appear so, just scroll down until you find Sleep Tracking section and here you will be able to adjust the sensitivity to movements. Just make sure to sync your Blaze after you have saved the changes for it to reflect them after that.

Let me know if you need more help. 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @NYWGUY. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

It's strange that your tracker is recording that many steps while you're asleep. You can actually change the sensitivity of your tracker while you sleep and maybe this will help but first, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-15 seconds until your tracker restarts. After that, go to your device settings and if you scroll down to Sleep Tracking, you will be able change it to Normal or Sensitive, depending on the current one and see if this makes any difference. Below, you can see a screenshot of how it should look:

Sleep tracking settings.jpg

Now, for those steps that were recorded while you were sleeping, you can actually delete them by logging the "Driving" activity. For the instructions on how to do this, please take a look at this post.

Hope you find this helpful and if you need any more help, let me know! 🙂

Best Answer

Ok,

I got it.

Best Answer

I don't find a way to change the sleep sensitivity on my Tracker. I have the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @NYWGUY.

In order to change this, you will need to do it from your online dashboard on a computer. For that, go to www.fitbit.com/login and log in with your email address and password. Once you're in. go to the top right corner and click on the gear icon and go to Settings. Once you're here, go to the left side column and click on Devices. Once you're there, the settings for your Blaze shoud appear so, just scroll down until you find Sleep Tracking section and here you will be able to adjust the sensitivity to movements. Just make sure to sync your Blaze after you have saved the changes for it to reflect them after that.

Let me know if you need more help. 🙂

Best Answer

OK Thanks, I got it

Best Answer

I've been having this issue for a while too. Woking up in the morning just to see no less than 100 steps taken while asleep! Am I lunatic??

Perhaps its funny solution, but I always use an app called "Drivebit" or "Travelbit". I just press the Start button before go to bed and then Stop once fully woke up. The result - no more extra steps in the morning. 👍  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solution but a work around. I will be looking into other fitness trackers. I should not have to go into my dashboard everyday to delete activity. This is unacceptable.

Best Answer

JessopY, there is no perfect tracker.  Some are great in several functions, but so unaccurate in others (and vise versa). You just choose what suits you best.

@JessopYwrote:

This is not a solution but a work around. I will be looking into other fitness trackers. I should not have to go into my dashboard everyday to delete activity. This is unacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JessopYwrote:

Best Answer

My samsung gear never had any issues like this

Best Answer
0 Votes

This link no longer works I woke up today with 35k steps in 15 minutes at 3am! How do I delete this? 

Best Answer

I woke up today with over 12,000 steps in 15 minutes. How can I edit this?

Best Answer

After a few hours of research and being irritated having to change this, I found out that you have to go into where you log your activity and there should be an option for past workouts and you have to choose driving for the duration of your extra steps. This solved it for me. 

Best Answer

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi all. My sense does the same almost every day. Over 1000 steps, multiple floors and often many active zones start the day. The sleep tracker indicates a quiet sleep, no tossing or turning. The recommendations don't help.

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same.

The watch registered that I slept from around 11 p.m. but still it registered around 3000 steps between midnight and 00:30 when I was asleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes