Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Everything seems to be working as it should but for the life of me I cannot get the notifications to delete. Sometimes I hit the perfect swipe spot and one will delete but most often it is just a frustrating futile attempt at swiping the face. About ready to send it back!!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Have ypu tried a hard reser, or going into sertings, turn the Blaze off then on.
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

@Dawnds2008. You can also scroll to the bottom and hit "Clear All" - perhaps that will make it easier for you.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
I've tried that too. Unless there's a delayed response with it working, hitting the clear all has only worked once for me even though I try it every time I try to clear the notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have ypu tried a hard reser, or going into sertings, turn the Blaze off then on.
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/
Best Answer

I can not delete my notifications. There is no delete all at the end of the list and none of them will swipe left or right. Can I just cancel all notifications?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Mariothecat. If you are not seeing the "Clear All" option on your Blaze, I recommend restarting your tracker. After the restart process, please test it.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have a blaze. I have a Zip.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mario easy mistake, your posting in the Blaze area not the Zip area. 

Since the Zip does not have notifications, please be kind enough to let us know what notifications your referring to? I assume they might be on the app or web

Best Answer
The zip does have notifications. I get notifications about how many more steps I need to reach my goal. Sometimes two a day. I've turned off notifications on my zip settings but how the h--- do I get rid of all those previous notifications? No delete and yes there is a notification button at the bottom where my dashboard is located. Help

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you get a notification, are you able to read it on your Zip? 

If so then to turn them off you go into you device settings - Zip -, Notifications, and simply turn them off. 

If your receiving notifacations on your phone or web page then please let us know what device it is. 

The app and the Dashboard or not your Zip. 

Best Answer

Hi @Mariothecat

The zip it self is not capable to give reminders to move if that's what you are talking about.

See compare here:

https://www.fitbit.com/compare

I suspect you are talking about the app on you Ipad? Please let us  know i that's the case so we can help you better. Also let us know which reminders you are talking about as they can come from challenges as well

Please give more info so we can help you better. Looking forward to hearing from you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I realize the zip itself does not give me notifications but come on , you have to know at the bottom of the app are four categories and one of them is notifications. Even with this shut off, I am still getting "almost there! Just two thousand steps to go" I have a whole months worth of these messages clogging up my I pad. How do I delete these messages on my I pad and stop them from coming? Ready to get rid of zip!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

On your dashboard go to settings

Then on the left hand side select Notifications. Uncheck anything you do not want to see.

It will need to sync before it takes place.

This will not get rid of them on the Ipad but it should stop them from Coming.  I know of no way to remove them completely.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @Dawnds2008 I realize that the Zip does not have the notifications that this thread is referring to. My confusion is that your asking about notifications that are found on the app but seem to be insisting they are found on the Zip.

This causes a common misconception when a post hijacks a thread. Neither this forum or the subject of the thread has anything to do with your question. 

You would have gotten a better answer by asking in the forum for the type of phone you have. 

Unfortunately as @Wendy states these notifications are not delectable by the user, and get removed after 30 days we are told. 

Best Answer
Again you don't seem to know your own product. If you go to dashboard you cannot get to settings. Sorry I am just so frustrated. Time to get rid of my zip and go with someone else.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich. My issue is as resolved long ago. I think your reply was meant for Mario?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

In English please.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which dashboard are you refferring to @Mariothecat

The red mark points to the settings, left the app, right the dashboard. PhotoGrid_1494268110648.jpg

@Mariothecat wrote:
Again you don't seem to know your own product. If you go to dashboard you cannot get to settings. Sorry I am just so frustrated. Time to get rid of my zip and go with someone else.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_LaueThey are using an iPad which they never stated. You need to look where the Signature is to see they posted from an iPad

I looked in my iPad and there is no way to delete notifications. @Mariothecat I also so found no way to update notification on the iPad. It must be done on a computer like we were telling you above

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant delete notifications on my dashboard that is on my computer!  There is no "clear all"  and there is no settings icon.  I have right at 100 notifications and cant delete them.

Best Answer
0 Votes