Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Resting Heart Rate and current Heart Rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are there 2 heart rates in the Today screen?  I‘ve noticed my BPM when I’m relaxed has been as low as 60, yet my resting heart rate is always at 70, which doesn’t make sense.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @BassTromBob. Great to see you in the Forums!

I can answer this for you 🙂

Your Resting Heart Rate is an average calculation that measures your heart beats when you are still, and it can be an important indicator of the health of your heart. The average resting heart rate is 60-80 beats per minute, but it’s usually lower for physically fit people. Also keep in mind that the average resting heart rate rises with age.

Now, your "current" heart rate is the heart rate that you will see for that precise moment and depends on your activity level at the moment when you're checking it.

Hope this answers your question. If you have any other doubt, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @BassTromBob. Great to see you in the Forums!

I can answer this for you 🙂

Your Resting Heart Rate is an average calculation that measures your heart beats when you are still, and it can be an important indicator of the health of your heart. The average resting heart rate is 60-80 beats per minute, but it’s usually lower for physically fit people. Also keep in mind that the average resting heart rate rises with age.

Now, your "current" heart rate is the heart rate that you will see for that precise moment and depends on your activity level at the moment when you're checking it.

Hope this answers your question. If you have any other doubt, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you for letting me know 🙂

Maybe this could be added to the user guide?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BassTromBob take a look in Fitbit's searchable interactive help docs for the Heart FAQ

Best Answer