Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze isn't getting my distance correct! Map my walk has had me down (several times) as walking at least 2 miles more than my Fitbit - I've also used a pedometer - which also registers more!  I know today, I have done at least 6miles as I was following a map and my blaze doesn't even say 4 miles!  Is there something I need to do to adjust thispleasr? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

First did your fitbit show the same number of steps (or close - within 5%) as your pedometer? If so then you need to check your stride length. Go to your personal profile page here and scroll down to your stride length and check it out. You can easily estimate your stride length by walking normally 10 steps and measure the distance and divide by 10. A more accurate length can be obtained by walking a known distance say one mile, and measure the number of steps and divide it out.

If the number of steps is significantly different then it check the unit placement. click on the device on the upper left of the profile page and then scroll down to the wrist placement. If you are getting less number of steps then the setting should be non-dominant in order to increase the sensitivity to movement.

Hope this helps.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

First did your fitbit show the same number of steps (or close - within 5%) as your pedometer? If so then you need to check your stride length. Go to your personal profile page here and scroll down to your stride length and check it out. You can easily estimate your stride length by walking normally 10 steps and measure the distance and divide by 10. A more accurate length can be obtained by walking a known distance say one mile, and measure the number of steps and divide it out.

If the number of steps is significantly different then it check the unit placement. click on the device on the upper left of the profile page and then scroll down to the wrist placement. If you are getting less number of steps then the setting should be non-dominant in order to increase the sensitivity to movement.

Hope this helps.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer