Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise mapping wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have been using my blaze for running for ages. No problems. Connects with bluetooth, tracks run, syncs with phone to pick up GPS, accurately maps data. While doing this I have also, for a long time, been using my bluetooth headphones to listen to music. I can't use the music control function on the Blaze while tracking a run (likely due to two devices competing for connectivity), but not a problem.

The past three weeks however, exact same setup (same headphones, same blaze, same phone, same settings, same versions of firmware on both) the tracking is just god awful! Drops the connection every couple of minutes (the **ahem** thing buzzing to tell me this, making me think I have a message but it just turns out to be lost connection), gets the distances woefully wrong, and makes a hash of my pace - makes me really question the analytics of the thing (my calories, steps etc).

I put this down to some bizarre (maybe because my Blaze is all of 18months old...) competition of phone connectivity between my headphones and the Blaze (despite never having this before outside the music functionality). So today I tracked the run using the app and my phone - no Blaze involvement save it being on my wrist. And at the end of my run, I get the attached.

So riddle me this: how does a run that said 3.1 miles on the phone at the end, and that I checked was accurate on Google maps just before writing this post (and was sure of before I set off) then say 2.4 miles on the map and modifies my pace to reflect the much shorter distance? If it's the "doesn't hold its connection" Blaze over-riding the phone that's giving it the **ahem** GPS in the first place, then that's just insane and means I can't rely on either my FitBit or the app to track accurately.

Any solutions? I please don't suggest forced starts, resyncs, disconnects and reconnects and checking for latest versions - if you think I hadn't tried those before seeking help here (appreciating that many posts here seem to be about turning on and off notifications which is such a basic function).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@beast616 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your GPS maps are not showing accurate information. Thank you for letting us know that you've tried different troubleshooting steps before contacting us.

In addition to the steps you've done, I would like to confirm that you have tried the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app and uninstall it
  • Reboot your cellphone
  • Restart your Blaze
  • Re-download the Fitbit app and log in

You can also try wearing your Blaze on the other wrist to see if there is any change on your readings.

Please be aware that other Bluetooth devices can affect the GPS signal while using Connected GPS.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes