Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise mode pauses or finish's while boxing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do a circuit training workout while wearing wraps and then boxing gloves for a portion of the workout. Every time I put the gloves on it either pauses or finish's my workout mode.  I have turned off quick view which is a pain because I can not lift my wrist to see the time when I am not working out.  But even with quick view off the screen comes on while working out and then the wrap or glove will hit the pause or finish button and stops the Blaze from tracking the workout.  Any other fix to this.  I wish it had a slide the pause or finish button across the screen feature, similar to an unlock like on a mobile phone.  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @SunsetRunner.  Good to see you around! 🙂

@EmersonFitbit gave some advice on a similar situation on this post. You can take a look at it and I'm pretty sure you will find it helpful.

Let me know if you need more help with this! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

And if you read the responses for those suggestions, they have all been tried and did not remediate the situation.  I think Fitbit needs to listen to it's customers and add a lock feature now.  It was requested months ago!  Fix this. 

Best Answer

I understand that @SMT1409 but every scenario is different and it could work for some.

About the feature request for this, it's getting pretty popular and that's exactly the way our team reviews feature requests, by looking for the ones that users are asking the most and developing them. If you haven't done so, you can check it here to add your vote and comments. It has a great potential to be reviewed by our developers and hopefully it gets implemented in a near future.

Anything else you need, I'm here to help. Welcome to the Community 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit  There hasn't been a response to that request, that I can find.  Where can I find one?  How do we get a status update?  Is it even being considered?  Is it being coded?  Is it in the next software update?  

I don't enjoy my workouts anymore and I want to love the product but I just can't at this point.  I'll be returning my Blaze.  I shouldn't have to change the way I wear the Blaze to accommodate lack of foresight by the designers and limited understanding of the users.  I gladly volunteer to be a product tester next time!  

It's really frustrating when you love a company's products and are loyal and recommend them to everyone then you don't feel heard when the "upgraded" product doesn't work as well as the lesser products.  

Best Answer

I agree 1000%.  The lack of info from Fitbit is disconcerning.  This is a huge problem that pretty much renders my device useless for the style of workout I do.  You would think with an excersise labeled KICKBOCKING that someone would have tested this with gloves on??

Best Answer

Totally understandable @SunsetRunner @SMT1409. The status of the request as of right now is "Reviewed by moderator" which means that someone in the feature request team has already looked into it and added the appropriate labels so that developers can locate the request and work on it which means at the same time that it's being heard.

There is not a time frame on when this will be implemented but since it's a pretty popular request, I'm confident this is something the developers are looking into and we could expect to see some improvements about this soon, though again, this is my personal perception but I can not guarantee it but it has great potential to be implemented.

Best Answer
This band works great when playing ice hockey. Fitbit Blaze Accessories Band, X4-TECH Silicon Bracelet Strap Replacement. It can be found on Amazon.
Best Answer

Me too. Not getting my exercise daily workouts tracked in app. Luckily I have Strava and it’s linked but they need to figure out a way so that it doesn’t turn off mid workout while in boxing gloves. 

Best Answer
0 Votes