Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze and kickboxing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got the blaze. How do I keep exercise button from inadvertantly pausing if it brushes against boxing glove? This is very frustrating as it NEVER happened with HR. I have no way to edit session and have to go back and manually add exercise session for remainder of time. I didnt realize screen was so sensitive and it is potential deal breaker
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hey there @nedkubda. Glad to see you in the Community! 🙂

I'm not really sure about this since I don't do boxing at all but what I can think of right now would be covering your Blaze with a sweat band to prevent it from getting in contact with the boxing glove. This might help and that way your workout will not be paused.

Maybe anyone else thad does boxing and uses a Blaze can give some advise as well. In the meantime, you can try what I suggested and see how it goes.

Any other thing, I'm here to help! 

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @nedkubda! Thanks for your question. 

The Blaze might be more susceptible to inadvertent button-pressing, since there's two contact points on the device assuming you're wearing it on your left wrist. One recommendation would be to switch over to your right wrist for the duration of the activity, while another would be to wear it higher up than you're wearing right now. Both of these should help prevent inadvertent activations of the activity, but I don't think will guarantee it. 

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
All,
I appreciate your suggestions, but these have all beem tried. If you look at other posts, this is a common issue. A sleeve brushing against the touch screen stops the workout. if the glove lightly brushes the screen-its stops. the stop function is completely dependent on touch screen. The pause should have been button you hold down like stopwatch funtiion on charge, alta, Charge hr and surge. or one should have ability to lock the screen like a smart device.

I cant wait for fitbit to fix or decide to realize how significant an issue this is to clients. I am breaking up with fitbit- I used to promote fitbit to my patients for sleep function/wellness now I cant. I will go with another company. I returned device

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I have the exact same issue!!! Its absoluteley hopeless!! Ive noticed it gets worse when your 10-15 min into the workout. Not only do you have to stop your good boxing flow and take off your gloves to press the **ahem** screen but 2 seconds later when you put your gloves back on its at it again!

I want to suggets a button lock combination. Like pressing and holding the 2 buttons on the oposite side of the screen for 5 sec to unlock the screen and the same to lock the screen
Best Answer

Currently the best suggestion that I can think of would be to add your vote.

Personally I feel the Blaze should have come with a lock screen since this feature has been suggested, with hundredths of votes, since 2014. Our would have been a nice easy for the developers to say, we here you.

Best Answer
I have already told fitbit about issue as well as most people I come across. Fitbit was big in military community and issue with lock screen is well known. Fitbit hasnt apologized/admitted wrong doing or acknowledged that this is issue. If fitbit leadership is reading this, please be aware you are leaving sour taste in military community....I returned mine a month ago and looking into Garmin....
Best Answer

The best place to tell Fitbit would be by following the link above? While there are a few Fitbit employees that monitor these forums, they are not developers.

Best Answer
Is there a Fitbit model that will connect with a chest band and record data to my dashboard?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbits can only connect to a phone or computer, ill assume your asking if there is any chest heart rate monitors, i cant think of any other type of chest strap, that can connect to the Fitbit app? No. Are tyere any 3rd party heart rate monitors that can sync their data with Fitbit? I dont kniw.

Best Answer
Thanks. Trying to figure out iptuons for monitoring heart rate and sending data to Fitbit device or to Dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you in the Community @Leon-Movin 🙂

Do you also do Kickboxing and are having the same situation? You can take a look at the suggestions @EmersonFitbit gave above here.

Good luck. Let us know if you need more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm thinking of getting the blaze and my main workout is kickboxing. With my charge hr I always had it underneath my wrist wrap of my glove. I'm wondering if the glass will hold up hitting it against the heavy bag under my glove?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Probably not. Sensitive device vs repeated high impact activity.

=/\= Leon =/\=
Best Answer

Hey there @Jess55. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I agree with @Leon-Movin. Your tracker's display is made with Gorilla Glass which is resistent to impacts but on a regular basis usage. If you'll expose it to constant hitting, I don't really think this will be the best idea.

Let us know if you need more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This band works great when playing ice hockey. Fitbit Blaze Accessories Band, X4-TECH Silicon Bracelet Strap Replacement. It can be found on Amazon.
Best Answer

Awesome suggestion. Thank you so much @Leon-Movin. Good to see you in the Community! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem in my boxing class. My Fitbit HR did fine under my gloves but my Blaze not only pauses but vibrates during class. Which is very distracing since it is under my glove I can't reach it with out having to stop what I am doing and pull off my 12 oz gloves. Tonight I am going to try including it in my wrap but I am not hopeful- also that will add an additional 10 or so mintues to my work out since I wrap before class starts. A lock option would be amazing. I hope they consider it for an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's good to know!! Hope it works!!!

=/\= Leon =/\=
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried it under my wraps too....couldn't get it to start that way.  fingers crossed for that lock option

good luck to you

Best Answer
0 Votes