Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze and kickboxing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got the blaze. How do I keep exercise button from inadvertantly pausing if it brushes against boxing glove? This is very frustrating as it NEVER happened with HR. I have no way to edit session and have to go back and manually add exercise session for remainder of time. I didnt realize screen was so sensitive and it is potential deal breaker
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to follow up that the wrapping the watch a little bit did help me a great deal. I use 180 inch wraps for my classes and make sure that my last two wraps go around my watch before I fasten off the velcro. That way right before class starts I can start my watch and resecure my wraps.

In the last 5 clasees My watch has only stopped once- and I was doing some really intense combos on the bag.   Hope this helps!

Best Answer

I wear everlast evergel handwraps under 12 oz. gloves and have had no issues with a heavybag. Much easier than traditional wraps (I used to use those). Plus, if I start getting tired, I can just peel off the gloves and finish the last few rounds with just the gel wraps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is all extremely disappointing. My work out consists of a combination of HIIT and KB. It is what I do. I got my Fitbit Blaze for free through Sprint and was so pumped to see that they had a KB setting and that I'd be able to record my work outs and calories burned. After a few failed attempts I came to the forum only to be severely disappointed. I thought for sure there had to be a way to lock the screen that I wasn't aware of. What a simple fix!!! Get your act together dev team. The fact that this is a problem that has been expressed time and time again and there is no legitimate effort to reconcile the situation is ridiculous. 

Best Answer
I use my blaze for kb/boxing with a heavy bag. The only time I've had an issue with it pausing is if I attempt a heel strike with my hand. When is it pausing on you?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same issue. I can't believe that this issue was raised so long ago and nothing was done about it yet. Please come up with something to fix it quick. The methods you outline don't work and they already been tried. I don't want to switch to another brand but if I keep losing my workouts I will have to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this has already been resolved but just started Kickboxing and what I did was wear the Blaze with the face on the inside of my wrist and the Pause/Start button pointing towards my shoulder instead.

This seemed to work out fine for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don’t you program your software to allow it to be locked so that you have to press 2 buttons simultaneously to unlock?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Kwaman I'm not sure who your "you" refers to, but no fitbit users in this thread are responsible for program if the now retired Blaze. 

If you search the feature request there is such a suggestion, which has been added to the Charge 3 and now users do not like the extra steps needed

Best Answer
0 Votes