Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise vs active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I am just trying to understand. I love my Fitbit blaze, but I cannot wrap my head around active minutes in comparison to workouts. I trained today for 40 minutes, registered this as workout on my Fitbit, the workout consisted of light weights/ squats/ bench press (full body) now while my heartrate was registered as increased at 120 roughly and the workout is registered for correct time the ‘active minuts’ are coming up just 15 minutes. Can someone help ?

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

For active minutes, you have to get your heart rate at least in the calorie burn zone and keep it there for 10 minutes. In my opinion, low 100's works. If you rest between sets long enough for your heart rate to dip say, below 100 BPM, activity will stop counting. All it takes is a distraction and you'll have a break in active minutes. Do you feel you kept moving enough that your heart rate was consistently over 100 BPM for 40 minutes? Exercise tracking goes from when you hit start and when you click stop on the watch. You can forget to click stop and have all day show as a workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes