Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK I realize this is not a new problem, but I just went through an 11 page Thread on this subject and the issue was never resolved for the Blaze and thread closed.  There are a handful of other topics on this error but I don't have the time to read all of these threads (the first on took me about 30 minutes to go through)  I have a blaze bought about 18 months ago.  I had it synced up to me desk top (Windows 7 pro) and I-Phone 6s.  I stopped using the Blaze 6 or so months back.  Now I want to use it again.  The Blaze will not sync up with either desk top of Iphone, but I can open my dashboard on both.  The iphone app told me to update me app, which I attempted.  After clicking next (or "try again" afterwards)  I get a "Loading..." message and the little working wheel at the bottom.  After about 4-5 minutes of looking like it is working I get the following message: A window comes up and tells me that it "The Operation couldn't be completed (FBBluetoothErrorDomina error 18)".  I have hit the try again button 6-8 times and Hepp getting the same message.   If there is an answer out there for this problem on the Blaze could someone give the answer or link to it:  Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

It's great to see you around @Mslacat. If you are having issues syncing your tracker, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there. Also, can you please provide me with a screenshot of the message you are seeing?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm getting this same message on my Fibit Charge HR -  it synched this morning, but now my app is saying that there is an Update - when I click on this I receive the error.  I've re-booted my phone and the fitbit and nothing is working.    My fitbit is stuck on a 50% battery image.

Best Answer

I had the same thing. Easy to solve.

Unpair the bluetooth on your phone

Remove device from fitbit app

Restart phone

Open app and add fitbit

Follow prompts as setting it up as new device.

Hope this helps everyone

Best Answer

I am having the same problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the following which didn't work:

- reboot fitbit

- reboot phone

- un-install fit bit app

Problem appeared to be that I needed to update the Fitbit with a new program, but couldn't do to bluetooth problem

What FINALLY worked for me was to synch it via my laptop.  I downloaded the app onto my computer and connected it with the cord.  It took about 5-10 minutes total, but once done then it synched back to my phone and my fitbit started working again.

Before it was stuck on a battery symbol with an exclamation point.

Downside, is I lost an entire day of steps.  Good news, it's fixed (with exception of the band that is folling apart)

Best Answer

Thanks - this didn't help me, but hope it helps others.  I posted my fix in the chain

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a work around.  I have an Ipad I bought recently.  I searched the app-store for the fitbit app and loaded the app onto the Ipad signed into my account log in to my existing account.  The Ipad and Blaze bluetooth finally talked to one another and ungraded my phone (or something).  From there the app on my phone started to work again (I had to re-log on) and then my desk top did the same (again after re-logging in).

Best Answer

I had the same problem. The bluetooth error would not go away on my iphone and I had that strange bar with a ? in the middle of it stuck on my fitbit HR. I opened the Fitbit app on my ipad as suggested and the app updated without any prompting. It took about 4 or 5 minutes to complete. Everything appears to be functioning normally again. No more error messages on my phone and I didn’t even lose my steps for the day! 

Thank you for sharing that fix. 

I hope anyone else with this problem finds this info helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same problem ,  and now unable to use my fitbit at all... have you found a solution please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thank You!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I phoned customer services in the end and have got it sorted. Ended up taking fb off Bluetooth pairing with the phone thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having exactly the same issue,  Charge HR2. Tried updating the charge and half way through got the error message.  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app -still not working. However not I can’t use the charge as it’s stuck half way on the progress bar and won’t move away from that. 

Any my suggestions would be appreciated or it goes in the bin 😱

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is exactly what happened to me.
Phoned customer services. Instructed to unpair from Bluetooth on phone then
reinstall. Now working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for the response.

I did unpair from my phone, Problem is because the Fitbit is now stuck on progress bar it’s not showing up on my phone again for me to re pair
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi trying to remember what I was told to do think after unpairing it I went
back to the fit bit app and set the app up again, think I had to have the
Fitbit on charge as well. It then finished the update and my phone did the
Bluetooth pairing automatically. Suggest you ring Fitbit support I found
the number on the website. Hope that helps
Best Answer
0 Votes
Aww thank you. I’ll give that a try otherwise give them a ring. Really appreciate you taking the time.
Best Answer

Hope you get back on

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried exactly how you explained and back on line.
Many thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes