Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK I realize this is not a new problem, but I just went through an 11 page Thread on this subject and the issue was never resolved for the Blaze and thread closed.  There are a handful of other topics on this error but I don't have the time to read all of these threads (the first on took me about 30 minutes to go through)  I have a blaze bought about 18 months ago.  I had it synced up to me desk top (Windows 7 pro) and I-Phone 6s.  I stopped using the Blaze 6 or so months back.  Now I want to use it again.  The Blaze will not sync up with either desk top of Iphone, but I can open my dashboard on both.  The iphone app told me to update me app, which I attempted.  After clicking next (or "try again" afterwards)  I get a "Loading..." message and the little working wheel at the bottom.  After about 4-5 minutes of looking like it is working I get the following message: A window comes up and tells me that it "The Operation couldn't be completed (FBBluetoothErrorDomina error 18)".  I have hit the try again button 6-8 times and Hepp getting the same message.   If there is an answer out there for this problem on the Blaze could someone give the answer or link to it:  Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29
You need to unpair the watch from your phone and the app. Restart the phone open the app and add the watch as new fitbit. It should finish the update and work after that

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I am glad to see here that for some of you this issue has been resolved and would like to know if some of you keep having problems with this? If you do, as requested, please provide me with some screenshots of this error message.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.

i have never had a problem with my Fitbit and I’ve had it over a year.

i went to do the update yesterday and it said I could lock my phone, so to save my battery I did. However the update didn’t not do. That is when the problem started. I could not retry the upaste as this error message came up. My Fitbit had an exclamation mark on it.

I tried and tried last night and I saw on here to connect it to a computer or something else, so I had to wait until this morning for WiFi.

now it is not turning on at all. It has been plugged in for about 5 minutes (it isn’t fully charged anyway) but it will not turn on.

I have no idea what to do, as I’ve never had an issue before. Can someone help me please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks worked a treat

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem as@Msclat is there any more updated information will look at your link thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not that I know of, can't claim credit for the solution though, but deleting the app. From phone, turning off then re installing and then updating worked for me, hope it goes ok

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks, you solved my problem. I was ready to throw my charger hr away

Best Answer

Thank you Mslacat, your suggestion fixed my wife's fitbit HR which was in the same condition. After a failed attempt to update the software left the HR half way through with an exclamation mark in the center of the screen. Attempted a number of Bluetooth options the usual switching it off and on again but was losing hope as I read the failed attempts on line. Read your suggestion and immediately got my iPad, loaded the fitbit software, logged in with my account and it immediately began updating. The fitbit then lost the exclamation mark and continued it's update to completion which took around 5-8 mins. Once completed I disconnected the iPad and reconnected it to her phone, all good now thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How were you able to update it just using the cord? I downloaded the app to my mac and tried to update it that way, but it will only let me do it through bluetooth and that's giving me errors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't update our HR through the Mac software and USB lead I used an iPad running the FitBit software which did the trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes