Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit bit replacement but old one started to work?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, so my fitbit blaze stopped working today. The screen went dark even though it had charge and I tried to charge and reset but there was nothing. The screen was dark and it was not syncing with my phone. I called fitbit and told them about my situation and we tried a few more things but we couldn't bring it back to life. They told me to toss this one and they would send me a new one. 

I was messing around with the fitbit again and it started to work again. The screen is being a bit weird b/c it will go dark or won't respond but then responds after a few seconds and it's a little glitchy/unresponsive. Shouldn't I cancel my replacement? I don't want to throw this one away since it sorta works but I don't want to get in trouble for using it or giving it to someone who can use it. It's not perfect, but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If it is not working properly, toss it. You would be doing no one a favor by giving a faulty tracker away.

Best Answer

My thoughts exactly, "It sort of works" to me means "It sort of is not working".

Whioe you could save it as a backup unit, if you dont keep tye battery charged, in six months it will not be working at all. The concensus is to Toss It.

Best Answer

Hi, know your post is a little old, but mine just did exactly the same thing, they also sent me a replacement, I feel I should recycle my old one, since it did start working again( for the moment) like give it to my 75 year old mom, just to get her up and moving, then if she likes it I could get her a new one, but my question is..... I am I ok to da this, meaning can I take this old one off my computer and then redo it on my moms? Anyone got any answers?

thanks a million 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tracker is not connected to a computer but to an account. when the replacement unit was added to the account. The old tracker should have been removed automatically.. 

YpuYcould setup the old tracker to moms account by doing the same setup process used to setup your replacement. Just have to setup a Fitbit account for mom .

Best Answer
0 Votes