Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Gunmetal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I reall think about buying the Fitbit Blaze Gunmetal,

my only concern is how the gunmetal frame acts to scratches

will they remain black or is the gunmetal only paint and the scratches are silver/metal?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I would expect it to hold up, that's the reason the gun metal is more money.. The process to apply a durable coat is expensive. 

I really don't expect the third party colored frames to hold up. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Nidary. Good to see you around.

I totally agree with what @Rich_Laue says. Just to add to that, the Blaze in gunmetal's stainless steel frame must undergo a premium plating process. The plating process uses physical vapor deposition (PVD) rather than less expensive electroplating which should be more resistent to scratches.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

many many thanks 🙂

Best Answer

Question, isthe blaze module also gunmetal or just the frame ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @pierrotsc

It's only the frame that comes in gunmetal finish. The Module itself is plastic.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've owned the Blaze Gunmetal for a few weeks and already it's somehow got some scratches on the frame 😞

The scratches are silver and are very noticeable against the black.  I'm really quite disappointed with it since I'm very careful with it.  I was expecting it to be a lot more durable.

Best Answer

@phrk Pictures would be helpful!  I'd like to see, since i'm considering buying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I haven't gotten any scratches on mine and I've bumped it a few times on stuff.

Best Answer

I can see in the pictures that the buckle is also black, is that gunmetal finish too? Thus just as durable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you back @TheAcornWarrior!

To answer your question, yes, both the buckle and the frame are made of the same material and process. You can see the details here and see the image below for material specs.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit, yes it helps, just doesn't tell me how durable or scratch resistant it is. I already know that fitbit doesn't just replace the band if you have issue with it, they would need to replace the entire tracker!  I just dont understand why the company wont sell the frame and band without the tracker. 

Best Answer

Hmmm... that's strange @TheAcornWarrior. If your band gets damaged and you're under warranty, they should be able to replace just the band as you can detach it from the frame. Now, if you have problems with just the electronic module, a replacement for that will be sent. 

The Gunmetal frame and bucke are expected to be scratch resistant but if you come across any problem with it, you can get in touch with our Support Team for them to help you out and get you back on track!

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit, i asked support person about that. Cause I just want the frame and band. (I already own a blaze, and don't want a whole new tracker just for the band and frame) When inquiring about it, they said they have to replace the whole thing. They can't just send out the band and frame. You can check on that if you wish, but thats what they told me. Needless to say, I haven't bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes