Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Fitbit blaze. It is 2 months past it’s warrenty and has started to lose it charge very quickly. It only lasts a day, if that. I have done a reset, still won’t hold a charge. Is there a solution?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I've been through 5 Blaze devices in less than a year because of battery issues.   I am now having trouble with my Blaze again  it just stops recording activity intermittently.   It has happened twice this week.  I reboot several times and it starts working again.  I've asked Fitbit to give me credit for what I paid toward a new device, but they refuse.  At this point I plan to switch to non-Fitbit device.  After 5 issues in less than a year.. I'm done.  Poor quality and extremely poor Customer service.  

Best Answer

@dohainmhire wrote:

I've charged it and kept syncing for the last couple of hours. It's now completely dead. What is the next step?

If you have a warranty you can try to get a replacement. The replacement may be able to function for a few more months but it is just a matter of time until it fails too. 😞

Aftwr the warranty has expired and it fails you will have to buy something else either Fitbit or something else. Fitbit won’t replace it no matter what after your warranty expires even if the replacement fails I’m in under 90 days.

Best Answer

Yep, I am currently researching non fitbit devices to replace my Blaze that failed at the 13 month of use.  I'm leaning toward the Garmin Vivoactive 3 or Vivomove HR.  Anyone have experiences with either?

Best Answer

It’s funny because that was about the amount of time my Blaze worked. 11 months for the first and 3 for the second and they cut me loose.

I don’t have experience with either but I have experience with the Apple Watch. It’s expensive but the company stands behind it.

@DeniseLoew wrote:

I've been through 5 Blaze devices in less than a year because of battery issues.   I am now having trouble with my Blaze again  it just stops recording activity intermittently.   It has happened twice this week.  I reboot several times and it starts working again.  I've asked Fitbit to give me credit for what I paid toward a new device, but they refuse.  At this point I plan to switch to non-Fitbit device.  After 5 issues in less than a year.. I'm done.  Poor quality and extremely poor Customer service.  

Once the warranty expires it seems Fitbit drops support no matter what. Considering all the failures right after the 12 month mark and sooner it really seems like the devices are engineered to fail in some misguided attempt to generate more sales sooner.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Hi there eveyone, good to see you all in the Fourums! 🙂

@Howler111, welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the battery on your Blaze not lasting. Thanks for your efforts in trying to get the battery to last longer. I'd like to help you out.

I've escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need more help, feel free to let me know!

@dohainmhire, thanks for getting back! I've also escalated your case, so you should be contacted by our Support Team shorty.

If any of you guys need more help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've already spoken with your support team, as have most of us. The "team" concluded that I have tried all of the suggestions that Fitbit has for this issue, and that my battery is, in fact, not repairable. I think the issue for most of us, is that we paid a significant amount of money for a watch that only lasted a little more than a year! We expected it to last much longer, and we are disappointed that Fitbit declined to stand by their product, even though it was slightly out of warranty! Fitbit offered us a coupon to putrchase a new device instead, and personally, I don't feel inclined to spend more money on a Fitbit device that may only last another year! ..."fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!"

Best Answer

couldn't have said it better.

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

@aaviator @RaymondDay @NatalieJackman thank you all for your feedback. Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah me too... I think the new updates are meant to drain the batteries quickly so you're "forced" to buy a new one

Best Answer

Let them take a look at their software update. Since the last one the issues with battery drainage has been blooming.

I also got the offer of buying a new one with discount. But what is my insurance that this issue is not coming back after the warranty of that one is due?

No one is looking in to it it seems. 

Bad publicity I say.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly. I purchased a Garmin vivoactive 3 music in February and have been
very pleased with it! Overall a far better product than the Fitbit in my
opinion. On board GPS, on board music, waterproof, etc etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes