Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze conflicts with bluetooth car audio?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, I know this is a long shot, and my particular problem might be related to my make/brand of car, but here goes nothing...

I owned a charge before. Never ran into that particular problem :

When I use bluetooth audio in my car (Toyota Venza), eventually the sound will start skipping and I need to cycle back to BT Audio (sometimes several times) for the issue to stop, but then the car display only shows "STREAMING AUDIO" and no other info.

To be fair I haven't tried to turn off continuous sync in the fitbit app, but I'd rather things not get to that.

Obviously, this doesn't detract from my enjoyement of the Blaze (nor my music!) but I'm curious to see if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Thank you,

Sébastien Décarie

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Finally, ever since I installed iOS 10 on my iPhone, the problem went away. So consider this thread solved 🙂 

@Rich_Laue , thanks again for all your help 🙂

Seb

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

@SunsetRunner try telling the phone to forget the Blaze Classic, alternatively turn Blaze Classic off through the Blaze settings menu. As for as the charge it syncs through the Bluetooth LE, the same as the Blaze. 

Where the blaze differs is that it also has Bluetooth Classic, for audio and music control, which is how the Phone connects to the car radio. A note about the iOS phone, it doesn't need the Bluetooth Classic at all, no need to pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you, I'll tell my iPhone to forget the Blaze.

However, seems to be the issue might come back considering that the problem probably comes from using 2 devices to use bluetooth classic..?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner my thoughts would be to try turning off the blaze classic or unpairing.
I don't know a lot about the car audio, it is an audio output device, but might also be an input control device, which is also what the blaze is...
I have had multiple BT speakers setup with no unused stance from. He blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue True that, the car can control bluetooth audio the same way the blaze does ; pause, forward, reverse.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner that's what i thought, the phone has two remote inputs, not knowing if you have an android or iOS phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Finally, ever since I installed iOS 10 on my iPhone, the problem went away. So consider this thread solved 🙂 

@Rich_Laue , thanks again for all your help 🙂

Seb

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, however with a different vehicle and an Android phone.

I have to turn my Blaze off when I am in the car, otherwise the phone is unusable for voice.

This only seems to have been apparent since the latest Firmware (or since I stopped using FitNotifications and changed to the new in-app Application Notifications feature)

Best Answer

I have the issue with a Samsung S8 and a chevy traverse.

Has been working fine since October.  Suddenly this week, I cannot connect to my car bluetooth automatically......unless I uninstall the FitBit app......how can i fix this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Worked fine until last month. (April 2018)  I have a GMC Acadia 2016.  My phone won't connect to my car's bluetooth unless I delete my Fitbit app from my phone.  Haven't found a solution to the problem yet...would like to hear of one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure that you have to delete the app @hopijr

Heave you tried with simply removing the tracker from the phones bluetooth

Have you tried with your tracker at least 30-50 feet away from the car. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich.  I thought I had tried that, but after receiving your response, I tried it again.  I unpaired my tracker from my phone, turned my tracker off, and left it in the house.  With the Fitbit app is installed on my phone, I went out to my car and cranked it.  My phone connected to my car.  Just to be sure, I tried it several more times and it connected to my car.  But with both my tracker in the car and Fitbit app installed, my phone does not automatically connect to my car.  I became suspicious that the problem with not automatically connecting was due to my Fitbit when I tried connecting while my phone was in safe mode.  In safe mode, I was always able to automatically connect.  By process of elimination, it came down to Fitbit.  Thanks for any advice on resolving this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.I did the same but it doesn't resolve the issue.  I cannot wear my tracker and have my car auto connect anymore!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you tell the phone to forget the Blaze Claaaic iIwould think the radio would then connect to the phone. However this will also keep the Blaze from controlling music on the phone. 

Or through the Blaze turn the Bluetooth classic off .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth Classic is always off.  I don't use it.  Thank you.  Can you think of anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry not off hand. this doesn't make much sense. The phone as a bluetooth server should not care. I could see how connecting to two different Bluetooth speakers would cause conflict. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this page for troubleshooting 

https://www.techlicious.com/how-to/how-to-fix-bluetooth-pairing-problems/

I had to search your posts to figure out that you have an android phone. 

Does it have Bluetooth version 4 or 5? 

Best Answer
0 Votes