Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze wont turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just received the latest Fitbit Blaze.  Have charged it for 24+ hours (but never saw a green battery or any indication it was charging).  Have download the app onto my PC, mobile and iPad.  CANT TURN THE FRIGGEN THING ON!~... the screen wont come off fitbit.com/setup. Have held all three buttons down simultaneously, swiped the screen every which way but still no joy. Have emailed support 3 days ago and still no respons 😞

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

It's great to have you here @OlyveOyle! The fitbit.com/setup will only show when your Blaze hasn't been paired to any account. In this case, I would like you to make sure that you're log into your account and that you've followed this set up procedure

Note: Once your Blaze is properly linked to your account, it should show a clock face as the main screen. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.

It is paired and I can see it's syncing. It's telling me the battery is medium and then later on today it told me the battery was low (no step count though). But it the face of the watch still says set up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I received my new Fitbit Blaze today and plugged it in to my computer to charge. We started setting it up with my iphone, while plugged in. It said not enough charge to update in the set up please plug it in. It was plugged in, so I left it for two hours. When I came back - same thing. It still says Fit Bit set up. I tried restarting it. Comes back to the Fitbit setup screen.  Is it maybe not charging? Or have I just not left it long enough for first time use. Blutooth says Blaze is connected on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the fitbit blaze, made the updates and the battery is fully charged. When its plugged in its on, but when I try to put it on the wristband nothing happens. When its connected its sync but when I take it off its blank...do I have a defective one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out my problem!  So I had updated the actual tracker but I needed to update the app on my phone.  As soon as I did that it worked no problem.  

Now I just wish it would sync consistently.  Sometimes it does sometimes it says it can't find my tracker.  I make sure there are no other bluetooth's on in my house and it's still a problem.  I never had any issues with my Charge HR 😞  I wish my Charge HR didn't break.  I loved that tracker.  I'm starting to feel like I should have stuck with another Charge.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried another computer and left it plugged in. After about 5 hours, an error message appeared on screen. It said "the device you have plugged in has malfunctioned". At this point I picked it I to unplug it and it started charging, found my phone and I've been right ever since. So go figure.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze turned off by itself amd won't turn on anymore. When its charging there is nothing on the screen....is it dead??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OlyveOyle Thanks for letting me know that it was resolved. I've shared your information with Customer Support so they can further assist you. 

Hey there @juliebye! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. Please make sure that you're setting up the Blaze from the Fitbit app and not using your phone's Bluetooth. I would like you to double check you're following this set up steps. Additionally, most of the time you receive this message in your computer, it's because the device hasn't been installed properly in your computer or it hasn't been detected at all. 

Welcome to the Community @Iarias1234. I would like you to restart your Blaze, so the display issue can be fixed. Have you properly charged your tracker?

It's great to have you here @Kapterian. Please restart your tracker so it the display can start working again. Are you charging your tracker properly?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It's stick on the setup screen. It is synced to my phone and although I have charged it for hours, I never saw the charge icon and the app says the battery is empty so I can't get it on. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @NiaLotus! If you haven't set it up yet, then the battery level won't update in the app because it needs to sync in order to transfer the information. I would like you to try this set up troubleshoot,  restart your tracker and make sure you're charging your tracker properly. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
Try holding down the left button and one of the buttons on the right, I
think it's the lower one. After a few secs it should start up.

Patrick Kapterian
Best Answer

I have tried this and it still doesn't work 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @ReneeRLevesque! Thanks for letting me know that you restarted your tracker. I've shared your post with Customer Support, they should reply to you within the following days. 

Thanks for your understanding. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

The face of my Blaze is totally black. It had the setup screen on during most of the charging, but now it's just black. If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem that you are describing. I'm at a loss at the what to try next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @hollejam! I would like you to confirm that you've restarted your tracker. Are you still not getting anything in your display? Are you properly charging your Blaze

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
I don't fully recall, but I remember deleting the app and reinstalling it.
It was something about the app and Wi-Fi. I was pretty frustrated but I
called Fit bit support and the representative was a bit dry but what he
suggested worked so I can't complain too much. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my Fitbit blaze and it has been charging over 2hr. While in the charging station I can see the screen logo on but that's that. The moment I take it out from the charging station the screen is dead. Trying pressing the left button and the lower right at the same time and still nothing.

I figure I try here but chances are I will return this and go for the apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @milosstevan! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Currently, I would like you to make sure that you restarted your tracker properly. Also, double check you're charging your tracker correctly; you can also try with another USB ports. 

Also, I've sent you a PM with further instructions. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the email.

I will give them one more day to come up with some solution and if this
doesn't get resolved by tomorrow afternoon I will just return the watch and
get an apple product. I know it little bit more money but this Fitbit has a
lot of complaints online about this same problem.

Thanks
--
Milos Stevanovic
Best Answer
0 Votes