Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app draining phone battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Ever since my Blaze got the update for the new watch faces and expanded notifications, the fitbit app is keeping my phone awake, using a lot of battery (using as much as the screen). I only enabled notifications for 3 apps.

Is anyone else experiencing this wakelock with the Blaze? My phone is a Nexus 6p on Android Nougat.
Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I don't know of any reason for it to keep the phone awake. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. Used 23% of my battery throughout the day, more than screen and anything else. It actually wouldn't even sync my device so not sure what the heck is going on here.
Best Answer

This doesn't happen on my phone. I only open the app when I want to sync, and when I'm sleeping to have it manually monitor my sleep, but in the latter's case, I have it charging as well. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Gakio@burkefitness@Rich_Laue and @Driver8666 thanks for stopping by. Woman Happy It's weird to hear that your phone's battery is not lasting. I recommend checking one more time the apps you have selected to receiving notifications, since the battery that should last less is the Blaze's not your phone.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing is happening to me after the last update. Fitbit is draining my Samsung Note 5 battery very quickly. I turned off all my notifications, and it's still happening. I'm afraid I'll have to Uninstall the Fitbit app on my phone. Please help!
Best Answer

Are you assuming that it is fitbit, or have you actually checked the power usage. 

On my Galaxy S5 Fitbit is pretty low in consumption. With marshmellow individual apps can be put in power save mode, Fitbit is one of the few that have power save turned of

Screenshot_2016-10-19-09-55-11.png

Best Answer
Yes, I checked the power usage. It is definitely Fitbit. 40% of my battery usage on the first two hours my phone was on this morning went to Fitbit. The usage report says most of it went to "stay awake".
Best Answer
I'm not sure why it would need to stay awake, but the screen takes a lot of power. Through the battery setting power saving for fitbit can be turned on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TammyHubert

This never happens on my phone. If I'm not listening to music, I turn the Bluetooth off. Even with it on, it doesn't draw that much on the battery.

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled the Fitbit app and then reinstalled it. It seems to have helped. I haven't opened the app since I reinstalled it though... so I'll have to wait and see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having issues with my Alta draining my phone's battery, but one thing I noticed is that it seems to have changed my screen timeout to 10 minutes, where before it was 30 seconds. So worth checking that and changing it back if it has, since you say it's keeping your phone awake. I don't know for certain that the Alta/Fitbit app did this, but it's the only thing I've installed or tweaked on my phone since it started happening, so seems likely.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be a fix for the problem. The battery drain is still high.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. My phone is Samsung Note 5 and Charge 2 device. My phone battery drains very quickly when I turn on Fitbit app and bluetooth on. I am pretty sure that Fitbit app is draining phone battery. The phone battery back to normal draining rate if I turned off Fitbit and bluetooth off. I checked my display setting and everything looks normal (15 seconds). I didn't see much problem if the phone is connected to other bluetooth devices. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This still does not drain the battery on my phone or watch. I still do not have this issue and I'm using an Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  I just got a new Alta yesterday, and this morning my battery was down to 30% by 10 am and I never even touched the Fitbit app.  I have app version 2.39, all notification/syncing turned off.  I am positive it is the Fitbit app, every time I checked, it was consuiming at least 70% of the battery usage.  I have read through a bunch of threads, so i have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Now when I go the battery usage screen, Fitbit doesn't show up at all.  That is weird.  But I don't know if the issue has been fixed or not yet.

Next step will be removing the app from my phone.  Which will be very disappointing since I really wanted the text notifications and call notifications when I am not right next to my phone.  Not to mention the ability to manage my activity on my phone.

Best Answer

Got a new Charge 2 yesterday, replacing my Surge.  Battery use on my phone by the Fitbit App was up considerably, taking 14% of the battery within three or four hours.  Never had a similar problem with the Surge, using the same app.

Any thoughts on the big difference between the two.  Probably will have to send the Charge 2 back, as that kind of battery usage on the phone certainly isn't acceptable.

Thanks for ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think it is the tracker causing the issue. There have been tons of
posts about the battery usage. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
That seems so far to be helping a little bit. Of course now Fitbit doesn't
even show in the list of things using the battery, but my phone isn't
draining as quickly anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this same issue. I have done everything that I have read on here to fix the issue and nothing has worked. Very disappointed!! I'm afraid I may have to return the fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nicolestroik

I never had this issue. Not on my phone at least. I have the all day sync thing on though. The only problem I have is that if I don't restart my phone for x amount of days it won't sync, but a phone restart fixes that. Before the last 2 updates, I didn't have to do this and I could run my phone for weeks without a restart.

But what I described is relatively minor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I found out that there is an issue with my fitbit. The fitbit company is replaceing it. It was running my phone battery down 15% an hour. 

Best Answer
0 Votes