Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing to MyFitnessPal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my steps are not showing up in MyFitnessPal. I have disconnected, reconnected, logged out and back in, updated both apps, all to no avail. Please, can anyone help? I have not been able to find a suitable answer to my problem. I apologize if this question has been over asked. Help!

Moderator edit: subject

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Mine just synced up. Check it again. They probably finally got it working again. I swear it's every weekend. That's why I stopped trying to do anything on my end cause nothing works. 

Best Answer

Mine's been acting up the last couple of days.  I've disconnected from MFP and revoked from FB and then reconnected numerous times.  It seems it will update then but then it will not sync anything additional afterwards unless I do those steps over and over which, of course, is not feasible. Even with that, sometimes it still won't update everything.  So frustrating.  

Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up Dani, I just tried it and it's working! 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes
As of just a few minutes ago, My FitBit and My FP are now syncing.
And a plus is that, it appears to have synced back to last Thursday/Friday
when I started having issues
Best Answer

Mine will not sync.  Restarted the phone, unconnected and reconnected the apps and updated them.  Really frustrating.  Synced this morning and then will not sync again....  would not sync at all yesterday.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

it only synced some of my steps today, not all of them. 

Best Answer

Mine hasn’t been syncing for the past 3 days. I’ve trained disconnecting and everything. This is so annoying. 

Best Answer

Update- my steps only synced once today and it hasn't done it again since. Annoying!

Best Answer

Same here, updated once but it updated back to Thursday up to mid morning and not since

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup mines not syncing all mine either. I have done 15,000 but mfp only says 7000 and hasn’t given me a calorie burn at all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. Synced for half a day. Not working AGAIN. This is very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
At least we know we are not alone! Fix it my fitness pal!
--
Thank you!
Best Answer

My steps are not syncing between Fitbit Alta and Myfitnesspal. I have tried, like others, disconnecting, reconnecting, blah, blah, blah, but it only provides a one-time, short-term fix. 

My workaround right now is to use UA Record as my data source instead of the Fitbit app...in MFP, go to MORE, choose steps, choose a data source.

I'll switch back when MFP gets a fix in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

June 26th 2018.  Fitbit not syncing again!  Super frustrating. The the whole disconnect via the website and reconnect via the app seems to work but today is the 3rd day in a row I've had to do it.  MyFitnessPall really sucks right now!  See link for instructions...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Steps-not-showing-on-myfitnesspal/td-p/1169...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the past week I’m having issues with the steps it syncing properly- about 50% are showing in MFP! I’ve also disconnected and reconnected- with no resolution! Ah technology;/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, hope you are doing fine.

I am glad to see here that for some of you this syncing issue with MFP has been resolved. For the ones that keep having issues, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

If after following those steps you keep having problems and see that your trackers are syncing fine with your Fitbit accounts, please get in touch with MFP support team.

Looking forward for your replies. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

6-16-2018, went through all the steps to get my Fitbit to sync with MFP.  It did sync a few days and now it’s back at it  not syncing steps!  But MFP is syncing the calories to Fitbit!  So they are connected!  What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the amount of money I spent on Fitbit I shouldn’t have to hack this every single day just to sync my steps In my fitness pal. It shouldn’t say that it’s a compatible app if it never works correctly. Help 

Best Answer

I have been having issues for a week now with fitbit syncing to my fitnesspal.  Don't believe it is fitbit.

Believe MFP is having issues. Everytime I reset by using the instructions, it works maybe once or twice and then I have to reset again.

Best Answer