Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Counts way off!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all, new to fitbit here. Just got a blaze for my birthday. I wanted to know why its reading so many floors on me? Ive only had it on now for less then a day, and Im at 49 floors? I havent use any stairs at all since putting it on. Last night it said I hit 15 floors while we were watching TV. I got a trophy for it too. Just odd, is there anyway I can do a calibration on it or something? Did I miss it with setup? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community @svshaw82! Your tracker may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water. We recommend that your tracker be worn loosely during exercise. 

Also, please restart your Blaze this may fix any miscounting you may have. I would like you to reply to this questions for more details about it: 

- What exactly were you doing they day you got more floors?

- Did you drive this day?

- Have you checked your activity tile to know when you got those floors? You may receive a badge when you were watching TV but maybe you did those floors before.

Keep me posted. 

P.S. You can take a look at this article to know how Fitbit trackers calculate floors.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes