Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Language Support for Blaze Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, this is my first time posting so forgive me if I am not in line with forum etiquette regarding shamelessly plugging my own feature request.

I think it is a big oversight for the Blaze to not play nice with foreign languages in the notifications function. The notifications for messages I receive (commonly) in Korean are utterly useless. Additionally, several others have complained about lack of support for Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, among others. 

Please let Fitbit know that they should improve this! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Blaze-Foreign-Language-Support-for-Notifications/id...

Personally, this is another example suggesting that the Blaze software was rushed and incomplete at launch. The lack of more face options/customizability and the activity reminder were the other two major omissions at launch. 

Overall, happy owner of the Blaze but occassionally disappointed by the lack of attention to detail in the "little things" that could take it over the top.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @dendei! Your username reminds me of the DBZ character.

French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages were available at launch, with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are all on the horizon.

I'll keep you posted with any updates!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @dendei! Your username reminds me of the DBZ character.

French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages were available at launch, with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are all on the horizon.

I'll keep you posted with any updates!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

I get that a lot about the like Namekian haha - no relation, however!

That's wonderful news! Thanks for the response Emerson. Hopefully Greek and Hebrew make it as well for all of our other multilingual Blaze users. 

Best Answer
Hi,
What about Hebrew and Russian languages?

Thank you
Best Answer

Supporting multi-language shall be a basic ability of Blaze and other products which have notification functi

@dendei wrote:

Hello all, this is my first time posting so forgive me if I am not in line with forum etiquette regarding shamelessly plugging my own feature request.

I think it is a big oversight for the Blaze to not play nice with foreign languages in the notifications function. The notifications for messages I receive (commonly) in Korean are utterly useless. Additionally, several others have complained about lack of support for Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, among others. 

Please let Fitbit know that they should improve this! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Blaze-Foreign-Language-Support-for-Notifications/id...

Personally, this is another example suggesting that the Blaze software was rushed and incomplete at launch. The lack of more face options/customizability and the activity reminder were the other two major omissions at launch. 

Overall, happy owner of the Blaze but occassionally disappointed by the lack of attention to detail in the "little things" that could take it over the top.

on.

Best Answer
I support the request of Hebrew notification text support. I will always use Blaze in English but notification can be of any mangy age and Blaze should display them correctly
Best Answer

Great to see you around @dendei, @SunsetRunner, @blapath and @valperi welcome to the Community. Woman Happy I think it would be great to great to have more supported languages for the Blaze and encourage you to share your suggestion on our ideas board.

Keep the stepping up. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I know when will it be compatible with traditional Chinese?

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Not Greek again... It is not solved ...Cat Mad

Best Answer

Any News about Hebrew....?

Best Answer

what about russian and hebrew languages?

Best Answer

Please add Thai language too

Best Answer

Hi there,

A year passed, when will be the Traditional Chinese support launched?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @xACx. I know that would be great to have support for different languages. Please take a look at the Traditional Chinese request, vote for it and leave your comment. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, it has been over a year since this solution was posted...... any updates on foreign language support? (In particular, I'm interested in Korean language).

Looks like a pretty simple software fix to me 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

GREEK ??? it is a smartwatch ... it is over a year and still not Greek ...

Best Answer

It is unexpectable for Fitbit to sell smartwatches to Greece without supporting Greek characters!

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @Darkhorseee@2gthes and @mar4336 I am glad to see you around.

Regarding support for different languages, I recommend taking a look at the Notification languages request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes