Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting message "pairing rejected by Blaze"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Pairing rejected by Blaze

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@tatteredhokie the pairing rejected by blaze message is usually when the user is trying to pair through the phones BT screen. This is not the way to do it. 

The correct way is to use the add command to connect your Blaze to your Fitbit account, then let the app pair the Blaze to the phone. 

Now if the Blaze is already connected to your Fitbit account, then all that needs to be done is open the Fitbit app, log into your fitbit account and let the app sync the fitbit. During this sync the app will pair the Blaze to the phone. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

if you've paired with another phone or computer, unpair and try again.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tatteredhokie the pairing rejected by blaze message is usually when the user is trying to pair through the phones BT screen. This is not the way to do it. 

The correct way is to use the add command to connect your Blaze to your Fitbit account, then let the app pair the Blaze to the phone. 

Now if the Blaze is already connected to your Fitbit account, then all that needs to be done is open the Fitbit app, log into your fitbit account and let the app sync the fitbit. During this sync the app will pair the Blaze to the phone. 

Best Answer
Thanks. It was driving me crazy and interfering with running contests.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tatteredhokie I'm glad your up! 👍 

Best Answer

@bbarrera how do I unpair with an old phone in order to pair with my new phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MoparGirl if your old phone is not working or not around, you dont have to.

If it is around and turned on, simply go into the phones Bluetooth settings and remove the tracker.

Download the app into your new phone, log into your Fitbit account.

The new phone should now be setup. If there is a popup screen on an ios device, simply press rhe setup prompt.

Best Answer
It wasn't that simple. I had tech support on the phone for over 2hours. They walked thru removing my Blaze and re-installing app on new phone. All notifications and my music worked EXCEPT text messaging. I have been waiting on reply about warranty. I emailed them back today because they still have NOT responded.
Thank you for taking the time to try and help, it was VERY appreciated.
Angela
Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I find the add command on my fitbit account?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The add command isn't in your account. 

To add a device would depend on what device is being used to add it, phone, PC and what OS. 

Normally you go to the account settings in the app and add device, or use Fitbit connect. Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=setup

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @MoparGirl, @dmc1107 welcome to the Forums and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

If you want to pair your trackers, I recommend following these steps from your Fitbit apps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Now if your texts notifications are not working @MoparGirl, follow @MarreFitbit's instructions in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried to reset my blaze using the instructions of holding down the left button and the bottom right button.  Blaze will not reset or pair with my iPhone 6Plus.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@btan99 at you still trying to pair the tracker through the phones bluetooth?

As stated above ypu need to set up the tracker through the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Thanks, @Rich_Laue. It works now.

Best Answer

Your welcome @Brainy24 .however I'm not sure which instructions worked. 

Best Answer

This might be a separate issue.  But, I was having sync issues on android after an update.  The solution for that was to use the phone's recovery mode to "wipe the cache partition."  That resolved my bluetooth issues, but not my bluetooth to the blaze.  But, and this is key!!! I was trying to connect to the Blaze in "Bluetooth Classic" mode.  Not by accident either. I wanted the music controls and notification features to work.  

So, the solution (after more or less normal operation was restored), was to hit the lousy "Scan" button after putting the Blaze in pairing mode.  If I didn't re-scan, the Blaze would show up as "Blaze", and would never connect.  If I hit "scan" again, it would say "Blaze (Classic)" in the list of available bluetooth items.   I realize this seems ridiculously simple.  But, that "(classic)" suffix, was vital to make the connection.  It gave me a fair bit of grief.  Hope this is helpful to others!  Good luck 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It happens to me EVERY time I do an update. I am currently trying to remember how to fix this AGAIN. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my Fitbit to sync after a phone update. I'm not getting texts on my blaze watch. My phone is an android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MoparGirl, I'm not sure what happens with every update. This rejected message should only be seen when the user is not following instructions and trying to connect the tracker to the phone and not the Fitbit account.  Once the tracker is connected to the account then the app should be able to find it. 

Best Answer
I called Fitbit. Googled the number. Took kissy a couple minutes to fix. 
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer