Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart beat app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

is there any other apps that can use the Fitbit data?

I'm looking for something that can trace my every heart beat. I suffer from irregular heart beat as well as sleep apnea and would like to see exactly what my heart is doing. It just at 5 minute intervals. Especially when I am asleep as my wife says I regularly stop breathing. Would like to know if my heart stops as well. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Sadly it is not possible.

There is a  Feature request but is 2 years old and evidently FitBit does not want to take it in consideration.

But if you think yoo might have a quite important health problem my suggest is to go to the doctor and have some medical checks than to rely on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the doctor but with no joy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cantrunWelcome.. I join you with missing heart beats (not heart stopped) and I have been cleared recently. At my last annual checkup the doctor thought he heard something... Off to the cardiologist.. electrocardiogram, and when they were examining me.. They said with a smile, "have you ever noticed when your heart misses a beat it does a couple of catchups".

I was born with it and the cardiologist is happy and it is more common than we think.

I also have a slow heart rate, gets down to 50 when I watch TV..  and... 46 when asleep.

This link has a method I tried to detect the missing beats. Fitbit gives you a pulse every 2.5 seconds and I created 4 x Custom records of an 8 hour sleep period.  I wear my Blaze 24/7.. In my case I could have had 3 beats in that time and in the example I couldn't detect anything.

It doesn't take too long, and if you need help for that we are here to help..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thx. 

How do I create a custom reading?

Is it on PC or can it be done on iPhone?

(sorry, I'm new to all this)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cantrunWelcome again.... I found the process to be...... Create a Custom Activity on the PC, sync from your phone and then it would show up in the Exercise tile on the phone. It does on my Android, probably the same with iPhone.

You tap the exercise tile on the phone and when you start entering the name of the Custom Activity it should show up enter your times and it should automatically fill in the calories.

Create the record there and sync and you will find you have the finer information on the PC.

Now...... To create the Custom Record on the PC. Use this link to Activities or on the PC Dashboard click Log, Activities and at the bottom of the view your will see three headings to the right, Favorites, Most Logged, Recent...... At the bottom of that there should be a blue "Create Custom Activity". Click that.

I would suggest your create something like HR Blaze because it won't get mixed up with Fitbit's custom activities. In most cases on the PC it asks for a calorie burn but I don't worry about that and enter a guess number if it was a sleep record just to get the Custom Activity created. Delete that created record. 

Why? because Fitbit averages the calories over the time period and if you use this method for creating HR graphs after an activity you may lose active minutes because of the averaging.

Perfect for analyzing sleep HR's

A little long winded but it works and for us with these abnormalities it is well worth it.

Here is last nights sleep and it even shows my toilet wakeup.. I went to sleep at 12:15 according to my Blaze so the Start label is off.

hr for post.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Wow! Colin, very good information.

It took me some time to figure what to do, but it really work.

Thanks again to have published this info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good info Colin. 

I'll give it a go and see how I get on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @cantrun@InExtremis it's great to see you around. @Colinm39 and @Giampi71 thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to see that your inquiry has been answered with a really good explanation from someone that is experiencing the same thing as you. I think this information is really accurate and could help a lot. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes