Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours with 250+ Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed the Hourly Activity feature - I don't know if it's been there all along and I just haven't noticed it, or if it's new.

Is this customizable? That is, can I change the number of steps per hour it recommends (defaults to 250)? And is there any kind of prompt or reminder or notification? That is, if I'm getting near the end of an hour can my device (Charge HR) prompt me that the hour is almost up and I haven't hit my hourly goal yet?

Also I am losing steps in my CHallenges.  My dashboard will have for example 20k steps, and in the challege will only show 17k - i do not log steps manually, the same time zone, I deleted and reinstalled app, restarted watch etc.. nothing works to make the two sync. Happened 2 days in a row no. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @jenncla! You didn't miss anything, this feature was only added yesterday.

As of right now, you can only change the time period it's done over, not the steps. The only tracker that has the reminders to move right now is the Alta, although an update of the Blaze is expected at some point.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hi, @jenncla! You didn't miss anything, this feature was only added yesterday.

As of right now, you can only change the time period it's done over, not the steps. The only tracker that has the reminders to move right now is the Alta, although an update of the Blaze is expected at some point.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I do like this new feature, and since i really only care about meeting goals i made sure today to get those steps and made 14 out of 14 and saw it turn green.

What I would like to see added, is a goal.....where you can say I want to make 12 out of 14, or 7 out of 10.......since right now it is 100% or nothing.

The other addition would be separate times for the weekdays and weekends, right now you are set into those times for all 7 days of the week.

Otherwise, great little addition, kudos!

Best Answer

I love it but would like to see a push notification from the app on how many steps I have left to do for the hour. It's kind of hard to judge without syncing my flex all the time.

Best Answer

I like this feature too, and like other users would like a reminder each hour. I just bought the Flex: will an update be coming to that model soon?

Thanks!

Best Answer
It would be great if we didn't have to synch with the app each hour to get
the notification. And it shouldn't stop until we get to 250 steps.

Rachel Malseed
Best Answer
Would love the move reminder on the blaze
Best Answer
This should be on the surge too. I mean it should be on all trackers, but I understand some have limitations. The blaze and surge should have the power to do this.
Best Answer

If you think the Flex should have the reminders to move please vote for my post here! I'm sure there's a way that they could implement it somehow.

Best Answer

Will there be an update to update the charge hr to also have the reminders to move like the blaze and alta?

Best Answer

I am loving this, and pushing myself today while at work to get the 250 steps an hour however having to log onto the PC Dashboard and manually add up the steps ive done each hour to work out how many more i need to do is annoying! An hourly progress bar on the app showing how much you've done each hour would be good (100 of 250 etc)

Best Answer

Yes, I would like to see different targets available for weekdays and weekends, or even to be able to set different targets for every day.

I think it is a great feature though and because I like to see that I've completed everything, it really pushes me to be more active (my boss isn't quite as impressed though, whenever I get up from my desk job to have a walk around the building)!

Best Answer
It would be nice to be able to change the number of steps per hour. For me, 250 is nothing close to a challenge. I have mine set to start at 5:00am and end 14 hours later and have achieved 250 an hour since the option came available. Even the option to change what the goal is would be good. Like instead of steps, it could be floors, miles or active minutes.
Best Answer
Is the feature available for the Blaze?
Best Answer

@picasso66 wrote:
Is the feature available for the Blaze?

The Blaze has no "reminder to move", but the 250-steps per hour is counted on the app for all trackers.

Best Answer
Wow thanks I hadn't seen that tracking piece in the app as it was down at the bottom.

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is the reminder to move really that important? Why not just get up and move every hour?
Best Answer
It's important to me only because I work at an office and sometimes get
lost in what I'm doing so I miss my target. I have been good about getting
250 every hour usually but sometimes I'm just a little shy from the goal.
If only I knew how many steps I had left to complete it would help a lot.
Best Answer

Is the notification going to be added for the Charge HR?

Best Answer

I was so excited about this feature but I am very disappointed that it didn't come with an hourly reminder.  I find it quite useless without a reminder.  It woul dbe great if the next update could include an hourly reminder feature for the hourly step goal.

Best Answer