Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours with 250+ Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed the Hourly Activity feature - I don't know if it's been there all along and I just haven't noticed it, or if it's new.

Is this customizable? That is, can I change the number of steps per hour it recommends (defaults to 250)? And is there any kind of prompt or reminder or notification? That is, if I'm getting near the end of an hour can my device (Charge HR) prompt me that the hour is almost up and I haven't hit my hourly goal yet?

Also I am losing steps in my CHallenges.  My dashboard will have for example 20k steps, and in the challege will only show 17k - i do not log steps manually, the same time zone, I deleted and reinstalled app, restarted watch etc.. nothing works to make the two sync. Happened 2 days in a row no. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

I dont seem to have the edit in right hand corner? I cant find it on dashboard on phone or computer, i was wanting to get the option to be reminded to do steps if i havet reached 250 an hour i have a surge

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's fair to have a more expensive fitbit, but have less features than another lesser model.  The Charge HR should have notifications on 250+ steps.  

Best Answer

I agree!  The 250+ goal is impossible to get every single hour of the range you pick.  You should  be able to pick a range of time and then set your goal to make it a certain number of hours within the range.  For example, my range is 7am to 11pm (16 hours total) but I'd like my goal to be 100% if I make it 12 out of 16 hours.

Best Answer

@ddgg have you added your vote to these requests, here and here

Best Answer
It would be great if you could change the number of steps you do hourly like setting it to 500 steps instead od 250 steps
Best Answer
@Msbettyboop I set reminders on my Blaze/iPhone and do 1,000 steps per hour by just watching the number on my tracker. Just an idea if that helps you.

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like the feature tracking your hourly step goal. The problem I have is that I work night shift 1900-0730, most of the daytime hours that can be monitored I am sleeping so it looks like I rarely meet more than 4 or 5 hours towards this goal. Currently you can only set hours between 0600am and 11pm, can that be changed for people who work "off shifts"?
Best Answer

Yes, I have work meetings that last an hour plus sometimes and work in court some and just cannot always get 250 steps every hour in my 12 hour range, I would love to be able to set my fitbit so that I can reach the goal of 250 steps 10 out of the 12 hours each day!  Otherwise, most days, I cannot meet this goal.

Sometimes, there are social situations, a Christmas program for instance, that last an hour and really don't allow for the steps unless you miss part of the program.   And I am not willing to do that esp. when my son has a solo!

Thanks!

Best Answer

Help it shows on the blaze but not on the dashboard.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've only got a Fitbit flex so don't know if the blaze is the same. If you scroll right to the bottom of the dashboard there is a + and if you click on that you can add more features to your dashboard. Hope this works the same on the blaze.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, please incorporate some sort of reminder. An hour can pass too easily without remembering to get up and move.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been setting a silent alarm at half past each hour to remind me to get up and move. Unfortunately you can only set eight in the day so I can't cover all the hours that I would like to

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do that sometimes but on an hour by hour basis. However, it would be nice
to know where I am on the 250 steps at any point in the time period.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze reminds me ten minutes before the hour and lets me know the number of steps I need to complete to make 250.  The problem is that its inconsistent.  I got some notifications yesterday and for 3 hours I didn't get any notifications.  Today my blaze says I have hit 2/12, which is correct, but the app on my phone says I missed the first hour. 

Is there a firmware upgrade I have missed?

Best Answer

Or at the other end, I broke my ankle the day after I was gifted my Fitbit so would LOVE to lower the goal ... completely useless without ability to change the hourly step count to many different life scenarios imho

Best Answer

Same with me....I need to up it from 250 for sure!

Best Answer

After taking care to achieve as many daily goals as possible, I am extremely frustrated when my stats are not showing up correctly. 

I love my fitbit blaze but the app and dashboard are not showing I've dine my 250 steps minimum per hour over 14 consecutive hours. I even get the ten minutes left warning if I haven't done them.

My phone is showing I've done them and when I go into the app and check my hourly step breakdown, that shows I've done over 250 steps in the time of the missing dot.

I can't even edit it to correct it. I know it might only be minor but I find it irritating and slightly frustrating. TIA.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Phranko This is a known bug. Fitbit just fixed a bug syncing with a PC after a year and a half. They're not very interested in fixing bugs. You need to get some unknown number of steps MORE than 250 for the app to believe you've taken that many, even if the Blaze says you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a truck driver with different very early hours 5 days a week (and often in the (14-16 hour range), and on the weekend I definitely don't get up at 1am, for example, because nobody else is up at that time. I'd love to have more flexibility regarding daily "activity windows" (I also like the other ideas in this thread).

Best Answer
0 Votes