Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours with 250+ Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed the Hourly Activity feature - I don't know if it's been there all along and I just haven't noticed it, or if it's new.

Is this customizable? That is, can I change the number of steps per hour it recommends (defaults to 250)? And is there any kind of prompt or reminder or notification? That is, if I'm getting near the end of an hour can my device (Charge HR) prompt me that the hour is almost up and I haven't hit my hourly goal yet?

Also I am losing steps in my CHallenges.  My dashboard will have for example 20k steps, and in the challege will only show 17k - i do not log steps manually, the same time zone, I deleted and reinstalled app, restarted watch etc.. nothing works to make the two sync. Happened 2 days in a row no. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

I agree.  I'm a college student and there are times when I'm studying/working on a paper/whatever, where I end up sitting there and then I realize 2+ hours have gone by.  My friends Jawbone had an idle alert, which I thought the fitbit would have too.  For me, part of the point of getting a fitness tracker was to help me be more active.  I was really disappointed when I found out the Charge didn't have one.  Once my Charge dies (which shouldn't take too long as this is the 2nd one I've had and they don't seem to last very long), I'm probably going with another brand.  

Best Answer

@Nolander @rem810926 @agyasi @SabrinaJL Just as this Feature Request suggests, Reminders to Move will be a feature in a future Blaze firmware update.

I don't have an estimated delivery date for this feature release yet, but I would definitely recommend subscribing to the feature request to stay updated.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The Alta has an idel alert, but the Blaze does not.  Not sure why your Charge has died as mine has lasted 17 months (since the first month it was released).  How is your Charge dying?  So why not get an Alta? It shows more data than a Jawbone......but does the Jawbone have phone and text alerts?  All fitness trackers are different, pick the one with the sensors that bet fit want and buy it.  

@SabrinaJL wrote:

I agree.  I'm a college student and there are times when I'm studying/working on a paper/whatever, where I end up sitting there and then I realize 2+ hours have gone by.  My friends Jawbone had an idle alert, which I thought the fitbit would have too.  For me, part of the point of getting a fitness tracker was to help me be more active.  I was really disappointed when I found out the Charge didn't have one.  Once my Charge dies (which shouldn't take too long as this is the 2nd one I've had and they don't seem to last very long), I'm probably going with another brand.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
All well and good, but what about those of us with the Charge HR? Are we supposed to abandon then and buy the blaze or the Alta? What a way to market the blaze and Alta. If the feature has been added, why add reminders to some and leave other out?
Best Answer

I would LOVE to have the option of removing this feature from my iPhone app. I hate it. Why oh why oh why do I not have the option to hide this nonsense?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why would someone hate this feature? The whole point of fitness trackers
are to increase your activity. That's what this feature is trying to do.
It's helped me so far and I love it...

Rachel Malseed
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dlogan01 If it works the same on IOS as it does on Android just click on that part of the app, hold down and then move it to the 'x' to get rid of it.

Best Answer

Well bless your heart, @rem810926. The whole point of an app is to give you control of the machine. Now, I don't know about you, but I've had this little doodad a couple of years and checking my step count today I see I'm at 33K steps per day this week. I did not buy this thing to increase my activity; I bought it to track my activity. That's why they call it a tracker. I'd be very happy if I could use it the way I wanted to use it and not the way somebody else thought I needed to be using it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rem810926 wrote:
Why would someone hate this feature? The whole point of fitness trackers
are to increase your activity. That's what this feature is trying to do.
It's helped me so far and I love it...

Rachel Malseed

I would hate it as well, and hope/assume it will be able to be turned off.  I don't my wrist to tell me when to move, I move when I can based on my work situation.  Also, given the new 250-steps/hour feature, which I love, you cannot change your active hours to differentiate from weekdays and weekends.  So if I did have the notification on and my walk hours are 7a-9p, the darn thing would wake me up on the weekends when I get to sleep in.

Best Answer

Thank you, @Jason212, but if it had been that easy I would have done it already. I'm not sure why the developers feel that Android users deserve more control over their phone dashboards than iOS users, but I wish they'd trust us to use these devices in a positive way. I take my fitbit off every evening and put it back on in the morning. I share enough info with FitBit already, and how much I sleep is not something I want stored in the cloud. By setting my Hourly Activity Goal to track my movement between midnight and 5 AM, I am using  this annoying new feature as my Inactivity Monitor. So far I have a perfect "0 of 5 hours with 250+"

Best Answer
0 Votes
On IOS you press edit at the top left of the screen and un tick it. Simple

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

THANK YOU @Clareio. You are officially my favorite person of the day. I take back the bad things I said about the FitBit developers as this truly was a case of PBKAC.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My apologies @dlogan01. I can see why you would hate the feature. I suppose
I like it because I sit in an office all day so I don't get many steps if I
sit for a long time. Good luck with your walking though!
Best Answer

In less than a year, the button fell off, the rubber on the sides started coming up and it stopped holding a charge.  My friend also got a Charge.  She is now waiting on her third one.  The first one the display stopped coming on so they sent her a replacement.  The replacement won't hold a charge for more than a day.  I've  had a couple other friends who had the issue with it coming apart.  Fitbit is good about replacing them, but when you spend $130 on something, it should last longer than 7 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The icon for 250/hour is not showing up. How do I get this new feature? (I have a fitbit one.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work differrent hours.  Some days I start at 4 am and some days at 6.  I change the start time/end time per day depending on my schedule.  I have been making my 11 hours pretty consistently.  However, by changing my start/end times it changes all previous results.  If a change can't be made to have alternate start/end times, then I would like to see a setting for goal hours.

Best Answer
I want the functionality back again! WP 10 app, fb blaze! After few days,it disappeared.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree - I have an office job and I can't really get up and walk 250 steps in the middle of a meeting. So to be able to set that goal - 7 out of 9 hours would be awesome!

Best Answer

Rather than have a set number of hours for this feature say 7 am to 7pm, it would be nice to say I want to track for 14 hours today and ANY hour that I get 250+ steps counts towards my daily goal.  Somedays I start my day at 6 am others I start at 7am or later. Somedays I'm still up walking at 12 or 1 am, just depends on the day. So it would be nice if all of these hours were taken into consideration automatically rather than having to make manual adjustments. Also I agree that having an indicator of how many more steps are needed for a particular hour to meet the goal would be great!

Best Answer

Yes, it would be very helpful. I often wonder how close to the 250 I am near the end of the hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes