Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the information on my Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,
I need to factory reset my Fitbit blaze to return it. I'm a vet tech so not having a seconds hand makes this thing pretty useless to me. It's much too bulky to wear a regular watch with it. Any help would be appreciated!

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi,

I just received the Fitbit in the mail. It already had some data on it (not much, but there's showing steps walked and calories burned.   I have finished setting it up and charging it.  I just want to start today from scratch, with zero data. 

How do I do that?

Thanks!

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

@koltov wrote:

Hi,

I just received the Fitbit in the mail. It already had some data on it (not much, but there's showing steps walked and calories burned.   I have finished setting it up and charging it.  I just want to start today from scratch, with zero data. 

How do I do that?

Thanks!

Dave

When setting up the tracker, it calculates the calories you've burned in rest from midnight 'till (now). There can be some steps from moving around with the tracker, a few steps doesn't has much influence on the total calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i charge mine whenever i shower so that way ever day it has a little extra juice. if you use the notifications then your battery life is less as well as when you use it for the music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I got my Blaze from the store and turned it on it said it had the start up screen where you had to pair your device before a clock face showed up. If I return it do they set it back  to that screen for the next person that buys it? I think I have deleted all my info but it would be nice for the next person that buys my return to have it at the factory setting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The way to delete the info from the tracker is by do8ng a sync, this moves the info onto your Fitbit account.

As for reselling they will need to sell it as a used product. In any case if it gets setup to a new a count, everything then gets reset at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am returning my Blaze and have removed it from my account and done all the various things suggested to get data off the tracker itself. It is still there. Specifically, the texts that contain information I don't want shared. (Ironically, part of the reason for return is that it stopped sending these notifications; however, when it was, those seem to be in the tracker permanently. I've restarted, reset, removed the tracker from my account... and the names, phone numbers, and messages of friends are all still on the tracker.
I have to send this thing back and I want that data wiped!!! Please help! The customer service people at FitBit have not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All info remains stored on my Blaze after it is synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you scrolled to the Bottom off the list of notifications and pressed "Clear All?

Alternativelyyou could swipe each notification off the screen individually. 

This is just notifications, your other data is sent to Fitbit apon a sync

Any residial steps,ect will be reset at midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have scrolled to "Clear All" and pressed it. They disappear but reappear within a minute or so. Notifications are set to OFF. I cannot get this info off the tracker. So, as mentioned, this and myriad other reasons mean it's being returned. It does not live up to its promises. 
I think the Blaze is just a lemon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You said that you removed the tracket from your Fitbit Account, but dod you remove the tracker from your phone? Check the Bluetooth settings. 

Are you saying that all the messages you just cleared, each of them mysteriously reaper? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed it from my account. I removed it from my phone. And yes, the text messages reappear for no discernible reason. So... this is all rather pointless. It's packaged up and being returned.
I have no device on the app. I've deleted the app now too. 
I cannot get the text messages to stop returning. As I cannot get the Blaze to do any of what it's meant to do.
On to better!
I won't be posting anymore as I am free of the shackles of a device that doesn't work.

Best Answer

Cannot reset my Blaze and it is two days and several hours off.  Any help appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize you’ve probably returned your Fitbit already but, for anyone else who may want or need a seconds hand, you can change the clock face to the nautical face through the app. It has a seconds hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything in steps to sync my Fitbit blaze. I was working on it for over an hour. Reset my Galaxy S7 Edge and the blaze started working. I suggest to reset your phone first!!! None of the step said to reset your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not reset the phone .a restart of the phone should be adequate. 

@OzzyCald10 seeing tgattthis is your first post, and this tgreadtis about deleting data on the tracker, I'm not sure what you had problems with .

But for most communication problems, the reccomended steps are. 

Check pgonepfor updates

Check that the Fitbit app is updated .

Restart phone

Restart tracker. 

Remove tracker from phones Bluetooth .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reset the phone means holding the button down and restarting it. Not deleting data!!! Before going through all these crazy steps (restart/reset) your phone.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are two types of restarting a phone, a soft and a hard restart. 

A soft restart is when the button is held down, and only restarts the operating system. This may not fix a hardware problem, however a hard reset, where the phone is shutdown completely and will reset any hardware problems .

Best Answer
0 Votes