Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Miles Recorded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I run the display shows 1.39 miles ran just before I stop and finish he activity. The activity log then shows only 0.8 miles.  Why the recording error?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @JimSoCal

it sounds like you are experiencing a bug that is affecting iOS app users. The Fitbit team is aware of this bug and working on a solution.

If you are using the iOS app, then you might want to post some information in this thread to help the team with this issue.

What the team is asking you to post is the following:

1. What type of iOS device are you using?
2. What iOS version is your device running (ie iOS 10.2, iOS 8 ,etc)?
3. Were you using the Apps GPS, Surge's built-in GPS, or Charge 2/Blaze's Connected GPS to track your workout?
4. Does force quitting and reopening the App help?

In addition, please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in app and let me know what you saw on your tracker.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

YES!!! we just got a new Nordictrack and when I use the Treadmill setting on my Fitbit Blaze while I'm working out, it always records mileage that is .3 to .5 less mileage than what Nordictrack says.  Also , at the end of the day, my Blaze is way off in terms of mileage, i.e., I did 3 miles on the treadmill, but my Blaze says I only had a total of 1.4 miles for the entire day . . . HUNH???

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @JimSoCal! It's pretty weird that before stopping the activity, it shows a number and after it shows something different. I would like you to restart your Blaze. After this, just make sure that all your personal information is properly entered in your Dashboard. 

Additionally, I'll like to get more details: Are you using connected GPS? Is it the first time it happens? Do you have a screenshot for further information?

Hey there @Zinnia! If you're using different trackers, the results you're going to get can't be the same because each one has its own algorithm to track data. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, @JimSoCal

it sounds like you are experiencing a bug that is affecting iOS app users. The Fitbit team is aware of this bug and working on a solution.

If you are using the iOS app, then you might want to post some information in this thread to help the team with this issue.

What the team is asking you to post is the following:

1. What type of iOS device are you using?
2. What iOS version is your device running (ie iOS 10.2, iOS 8 ,etc)?
3. Were you using the Apps GPS, Surge's built-in GPS, or Charge 2/Blaze's Connected GPS to track your workout?
4. Does force quitting and reopening the App help?

In addition, please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in app and let me know what you saw on your tracker.

Best Answer
Here are the answers:

1. What type of iOS device are you using? iPhone 7 Plus
2. What iOS version is your device running (ie iOS 10.2, iOS 8 ,etc)? iOS 10.2.1
3. Were you using the Apps GPS, Surge's built-in GPS, or Charge 2/Blaze's Connected GPS to track your workout? Apps GPS. Just before I press FINISH the App said I ran 1.39 miles. The after I press FINISH and look as Log in APP the mileage was 0.8.
4. Does force quitting and reopening the App help? NO
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @JimSoCal, in order to keep all information together, please could you post your answers in this thread ?

Best Answer

Last Sunday I did a 20.5 mile walk confirmed on my iPhone 7 health app and my daughters Apache watch but by Fitbit charger 2 recorded 24.09 miles which was hugely disappointing.  I was also in a restaurant last night and whilst sitting eating I apparently did over 300 steps.  I am training for a 48 mile walk next year and bought my Fitbit to help me achieve my goal but at the moment I want to throw it away.  Can someone please help.......

Best Answer
0 Votes
A firmware update seemed to help me with this issue. Remember your Fitbit is on your wrist which can move when you are not walking. A phone in your pocket moves less when sitting.

Thank you.

All the best,

Jim
Best Answer

Hello @Tezzo when you did your 20 mile walk, what tracking mode did you use? Did you have the phone with you and get a map of the walk? Was tye recording started on the wrist or on the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there.

Walked in the 14th may, used the run mode from my watch and had my iPhone with me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

But was the connected gps used, was a map made of the run?

The distance might be off because of the stride setting because no GPS was used. This is an easy fix.

Now if GPS was used there would be several reasons that it might be off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes gps was used but the map of walk won't download (annoying whirley wheel lol). Since contacting you I ave also done software updates but the mileage still is out by a couple of miles after long walks 

Best Answer
0 Votes