Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent and Inaccurate Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

IMG_3257.PNG

IMG_3258.PNG

My blaze is horribly inaccurate and inconsistent. The exact same walk and not only is it different within itself, but it's also different between the blaze and my husband's Apple Watch, which IS consistent walk to walk.  I've tried tracking via the watch (connected to the app) and also just tracking from the app itself. Those 2 situations also differ from each other given the exact same route.  The screenshots attached are from walks with the exact same route (even so much as side of the street walked on). Any ideas or feedback?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I am experiencing similar problem with Blaze. I have been using Blaze for more than six months and just realised it always shows 10% more distance than the actual for bike ride. I have had chat with customer service and the response was "I am sorry..." I am disappointed with the purchase of Fitbit Blaze. I am not sure this issue exits with only Blaze or all the Fitbit products. I was thinking to buy new Blaze for my wife now, go for apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing! 😞

Best Answer
As a runner, it's extremely frustrating to not know exactly how far you're
running. You think you're running one distance, when it's actually
less....or more depending on the day. I'm about ready to throw in the towel
on the Blaze.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Shortcake31@MSElling5 and @rgajada! I appreciate the screenshots that you've provided. In this case, I would like you to make sure that you're following this procedure to have the connected GPS option enabled. Also, you can restart your tracker and reboot the Fitbit app. 

Additionally, you may want to check this article how accurate is GPS? to learn some things that may affect the accuracy of the data. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same issues.

I got really suspicious with the pace the Blaze was telling me i'm running, 4 minute kms seemed to good to be true for me. It was recording my run at 8.6km, but when i checked using Map My Run it was considerable shorter. Today i checked by starting the run tracker from the Fibit app on my phone. The result? 7.1km, close to what Map My Run said. The Blaze is reporting 20% higher!

This is just ridiculous, and i've seriously losing faith in Fitbit.

I've heard Southern Hemisphere can be more inaccurate with Fitbit - i'm in New Zealand.

Phone: HTC M8. Network: Vodafone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit, thanks for your feedback. It looks like issue with Blaze or Fitbit in general. Are you really suggesting that we have to restart the tracker before every activity? How can you get the map if it is not connected to GPS.

I am not really happy with my Blaze, but I don't know what to do... I have lot of discussion on Fitbit community about the accuracy.

One thing I like about Fitbit is the GUI of the system and App... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit, As per you recommendation, I have restarted my Blaze and App on my phone for Saturday ride.

Fitbit shows 45km & Strava shows 40km which matches with Apple watch for same ride. Below are results. Strava results are transferred through Fitbit.

Please advice...

Fitbit.pngStrava.png

Best Answer

@rgajadaHi... It would be interesting to know how much of your bike ride was East/West. A couple of weeks ago I replicated the East/West issue that some of the Charge HR 2 Fitbitters are reporting.  Breaking your GPS route down there appears to be about 15% of the journey in an E/W direction.Smiley Happy You finished near where I live....

North/South (N/S) is accurate. At exercise walking speed my East/West (E/W) route had the Fitbit distance increasing at the rate off 0.3m/second. I verified this with both of my Blazes and had a Surge in each test with its integrated GPS.  These tests were individual N/S and E/W on flat pavement and no stoppages or dropouts on the GPS tracking. The tracking was perfect.. Just the calculation was in error for E/W

I could see there was going to be an issue because the Blaze had me walking consistently at a pace 2minutes/kmh faster on the E/W than the Surge. The Surge route was accurate and the Blaze was excessive by the 0.3m/sec or 30cm (12")/second.

Both the Surge and the Blaze's pace were within seconds of each other on the N/S route.

I'm now awaiting the next Blaze firmware upgrade for the V02 option, hoping there are adjustments in Connected GPS.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Colinm39, Hopefully FitBit has enough information to work with. 

Hi @SilviaFitbit, waiting your feedback please

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes