Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Fitbit app free?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got charged for downloading Fitbit app on my iPhone. Isn't that suppose to be free?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

The fitbit app is free. Are you sure you downloaded the right one?

Best Answer

On your ios device, go to www.fitbit.com/setup this page will redirect you to the correct free app from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Jvar@Rich_Laue and @SteveH thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned by our friends, the Fitbit app for any device is free. If you were charged for it, could you please provide me with a screenshot of the charge? 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

They charged my credit card $1 when I downloaded the app. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new Blaze and when i downloaded the app they charged me $1 on my credit card? I though the app was free. I went though the Fitbit website that directed me to my Apple App Store. Is this going to be a monthly charge?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure you are downloading the right app? Fitbit do not charge for their app but there are other 3rd party apps in the store relating to fitbit that do charge.

Best Answer

There are 4 official Fitbit apps, @Jvar

Did you get to the app through www.fitbit.com/setup 

Best Answer

Hey there @LuisT53, welcome to the Community. @Rich_Laue and @SteveH thanks for stopping by.

It's weird to hear that you were charged for downloading the Fitbit app since as mentioned it is free. As requested in my previous post, could you please provide me with a screenshot of this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I’m totally disappointed that my Fitbit app stopped syncing with my iPhone. Although my Bluetooth was connected, my Fitbit app wouldn’t sync. I was forced to delete the app and reinstall. During the installation from both the App Store and Fitbit website I was directed to enter my credit card information although I wasn’t making a purchase. I enjoyed the free app and feel it’s UNFAIR to loyal users to be FORCED to enter CREDIT CARD information. HELP!!! Where’s the free app w/o this credit card requirement??

Best Answer

Then you went to the wrong place @ShanFitQuest, as mentioned above the official Fitbit app is always free. Just follow the link in my post above using the device that you want to load the app on .This link takes you to Fit it's setup page and will direct you yotthe proper app. 

Best Answer

Thank you, but I tried your link last night as well. It took me to the iPhone payment screen. 

Im calling customer service today. 

Thanks again for responding. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, after selecting the link provided in this thread I too was directed to the fitbit app then asked for my credit card information.  

So many issues with the Versa and Samsung Note 8 already, I'll be switching to the Galaxy watch.

Best Answer

Going to fitbits main setup start page through your android device will direct you to the Fitbit app in the Android play store. Where it is totally free.

I opened the app store, typed in Fitbit and was directed to the Fitbit app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitbit.FitbitMobile

Best Answer

Just forced to pay 3.99 for Fit Bit App after deleting app to reinstall as part of troubleshooting from App Store for iPhone! Pissed!! Had this app for years... now charged!? And FitBit still won’t sync or pair!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gillis1961 wrote:

Just forced to pay 3.99 for Fit Bit App after deleting app to reinstall as part of troubleshooting from App Store for iPhone! Pissed!! Had this app for years... now charged!? And FitBit still won’t sync or pair!!

Can you show us the link to where you bought it? Says free here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897?mt=8

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gillis1961 of you went to Http://www.fitbit.com/setup you would have been directed to the official Fitbit app that is always free. This link has been posted anove several times.

Having to pay for the Fitbit app is a red flag that points to an unauthorized version and probably should be deleted and request a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to download the app for my daughter's new FitBit, I'm not familiar with exactly how the AppStore works on an iPhone (I'm using our 'house' phone to set up the account) but the app is asking me to confirm payment info. before downloading, so I'm holding off. I went to the Appstore first and then followed the FitBit link that took me to the same place. Do I have to confirm payment info. on an iPhone to download a free app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just downloaded fitbit app on my phone using the link provided at fitbit.com/setup and got charged for $1 on my card. Is it a monthly fee??

Best Answer

@Dee16 what type odd phone do you have?

The app is free in the Google Play store, iOS store, and the Mucrosodt store?

You say you where charged $1 but no mention of what party charged you,  IE who took your $1

Can you post the link that the Fitbit.com/setup sent toy to?

Best Answer