Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Fitbit app free?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got charged for downloading Fitbit app on my iPhone. Isn't that suppose to be free?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @Dee16, welcome on board. It's nice to see you around @Rich_Laue, and thanks for helping our new friend.

@Dee16, as @Rich_Laue posted above, the Fitbit app is free to download from Google Play, App Store and Windows Store, and you shouldn't be charged for using it. Please provide us with the information that was requested to you, and if possible, provide me with a screenshot of what is displayed in that page. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply check this post.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

I doubt you'll get a response. First time poster on the old retired Blaze forum claiming Fitbit.com sent them to a download that mysteriously automatically charged their card. They probably work for a competitor or are just trolling.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liz, I was charged $1 on my card right after I downloaded it. I knew because I have the amex app on my ipad. It’s only a dollar so I don’t want to give too much fuss about it but my question is whether it is a monthly charge or just that one time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

image.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stand corrected. Sorry for suggesting you might be a Troll. Others have never responded when questioned. I'll stay out of it now. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s understandable. I think the others opted out receiving emails when someone replies or just let it go since it’s only $1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dee16  I haven't unsubscribed because I'm waiting to see what link you clicked on to get to the download.

Your screen shot says iTunes, so now we know it is for iOS. 

If you download it from here it would be free.

Best Answer

@Dee16 Interesting that you were replying until asked once again for a direct link showing a charge for the app. So far no one that claims they were charged for it has provided a link showing you have to pay. I think if I was charged for an app everyone says is free, I'd be concerned what I downloaded..

Best Answer

Exactly my concern @MarkMM I wonder what type of spyware might have also been installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarkMM@Dee16 and @Rich_Laue. It's great to hear from you.

@MarkMM and @Rich_Laue, thanks for stopping by and sharing the link where our official Fitbit app can be downloaded for free.

@Dee16, thanks for the screenshot provided showing the charge. As mentioned before, the Fitbit app is free to download and you'll not need to pay at any moment to use it. You can download it either from the App store or from our website.

As others have suggested, please check what app/software was installed in your iPad and contact iTunes for further assistance.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know what this is i was charged while downloaded the fitbit app on my phone

2019-11-25

Dear,

Congratulations on your membership purchase! You now have unlimited streaming and you can watch all the movies and shows you want, without any interruptions and hassle free!

Your account credentials:

Your Customer information:

Thank you for your purchase!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johns123 that would be some type of streaming service, either audio or video and hasothing to do with Fitbit. 

Look at the header of the email to see exactly who sent the email. Their will information on the credit card statement or give a call to the number on the back of the card. 

Best Answer

Hi @johns123. Welcome to the Forums. @Rich_Laue, it's good to see you here and thanks for helping our new friend.

@johns123, thanks for bringing this to my attention and sharing a copy of the email received. Let me share that the Fitbit app can be downloaded and used free of charge on any compatible device. Based on the details described in that email, it seems that a different app or service was purchased. For this reason, please give a try to the great suggestions posted by @Rich_Laue so you can get in touch with them.

For future reference, you can find the Fitbit app in your phone's store or in the following link.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant download the app

it keeps declining my cards and not allowing me to download the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @K_A_T there is never a charge for the Fitbit app. 

Please go to http://www.fitbit.com./setup with the device that you e my the Fitbit app on page will direct you to the free Fitbit app that you want to download. 

Or tap on the link in Lizzy's post above your post. 

Best Answer
It keeps declining my cards and asking for payment

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you should stop presenting your cards because, as explained earlier in this thread, the real fitbit app does not require payment. What you are trying to download is the wrong app.

Did you use the link at www.fitbit.com/setup ?

Best Answer

I have been trying to obtain the app on my iPhone but it stops me when I won't add my credit card. It is my understanding that the app is free but it will not allow me to download without payment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Raiders1965 from your iPhone, tap on the link in the post by @SteveH above your post. This link will take you to fitbit's setup page, where you will be directed to the official Fitbit app for your device. 

Best Answer

Is the correct app the one for 90 days free? What happens after 90 days?

Best Answer
0 Votes