Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Periodically receiving text message notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read about the LG G4 not being supported, after I purchased the Blaze, after reading that it supported Android devices (my fault for not reading prior).  However, I've managed to get the Blaze to pair with my G4 and for about 3 days, I also received text and phone notifications.  I now am only receiving phone call notifications.  Really just looking for an answer on why if this shouldn't be working it works periodically, and when the G4 will be supported to work reliable before I make a decision on returning the blaze and go with different device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Officially it is not being supported yet, either it has not been tested or is in the middle of being tested.

First thing is to make sure the app is up to date, the latest app seems to have fixed a lot of the problems with notifications.

Have you looked at the instructions on the main post?

Enable notifications in the messaging app to allow pop-ups,

In the phone settings, under sound and notifications, On Lock set to allow all.

Under applications messages set the default messaging program.

Swipe down on the home screen of the Blaze check that notifications are on.

Notifications should for the most part be independent of the phone hardware, and more dependant on the phone's operating system version. If you where able to receive messages then it should still work and be just a case of getting the settings correct.

Two questions which messaging app, and Android version are you using.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reply.  I'm using messages+ and running android 6.0.  I had trouble all day yesterday, except I was still able to receive phone call notifications, but then, about 6:00 p.m. I started receiving text notifications again; I didn't change a single thing...just started working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes