Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map on Android from Baidu?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

i'm a new Fitbit user, on Android, today for the first time I went run, but my Fitbit app doesn't download map and it's with Baidu maps?! Shouldn't be google?Screenshot_2017-01-04-16-00-36.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

A warm welcome to the Community @vmp79. Can you tell me how are you logging this activity? If you want to see the map, keep in mind that you need to connect your tracker with your phone's GPS. Confirm that you are doing the following from your tracker:

1. Slide to Exercise

2. Tap the gear icon in the lower left corner

3. Confirm that it is connected with your phone's GPS

4. Select the exercise

5. Start your routine

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just back from bike, and see the map using Baidu, showing nothing, as Baidu map only covered China. 

I did the same, from the watch, go-to exercise, choosing bike, and then start. Before Fitbit using Google map, and working fine. Don't understand why today change to Baidu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just an update:

the map showing on my android phone using Baidu. when i login from my pc, it's shown by google maps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit, Well, I can't connect my Blaze with my phone (huawey P8 lite with Android 6), probabaly a bluethooth problem, My tracker always says "check fitbit app" (I already tried what you recomend on the help section). Although I can sync data, I can't use GPS connect)

I start my run activity on my cell phone and let it record on the phone and the heart rate will be recorded by tracker anyway.

I had to unnistall and reinstall fitbit so the google maps started to be used again. Don't know why Beidu started to appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I got Google map back, after reinstall Fitbit app.

I'm using Xiaomi Mm Mix, Chinese phone, maybe this is the reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure that's not the reason. I have a Huawei P8 Lite, bought in portugal, with portuguese rom, and the same happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I had no problems using it before and it was Google map. I have a Fitbit Charge HR and I just updated my android system too. I bought my Samsung s7 Edge here in New Zealand so there is no reason it should be connected to Baidu, a Chinese map. Glad to know other people are having problems though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have experienced same issue.

I used hauwei Honor v8.

But I can resolve this issue.

I uninstalled and install fitbit app.  
After that map is back to google map.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact opposite problem. I just set up my Charge 2, downloaded the app and checked everything works ok. The only problem is that since I'm in China, Google Maps will not work, so I'd rather use Baidu Maps.

I downloaded the app from Google Play Store. Do I have to download the app from a Chinese app store to get the version with Baidu Maps or can I change the map somewhere in the settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Veltsu  Ever figure out how to force fitbit to use baidu?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. No, I kinda just dropped it after trying for a while.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it to work this morning. Had do remove fitbit from phone. Go onto my account via PC and change my location to China. Then download the fitbit app from a chinese app store. Log in, sync. Then close the app. And there it was, using baidu. 

Best Answer
Oh, nice!! Thanks a lot for sharing, I'll try it too. Have a great week!
Best Answer
0 Votes