Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blaze stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I got my Blaze in March and it has been running fine until today. The only thing I am able to see if the time. It won't let me do anything else. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do I fix it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner sorry to hear about this, the first thing I would do is a hard reset, by holding both the left button and there lower right button simultaneously, for 15 seconds. The display should get bright, a vibration then the Fitbit logo will appear.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@SunsetRunner sorry to hear about this, the first thing I would do is a hard reset, by holding both the left button and there lower right button simultaneously, for 15 seconds. The display should get bright, a vibration then the Fitbit logo will appear.

Best Answer
Thank you so much! I tried doing that first but it didn't work. This time I just held it until it vibrated and I saw the fitbit logo!!!
Best Answer

I use my Blaze Fitbit daily - for workouts and as my watch.  Today it stopped working for the first time, I was so bummed out that it didn't work.  I looked on this board and found out about the "Hard Reset"  THIS TOTALLY WORKED FOR ME!!!!  

Thank you for the help!

-Mia

Best Answer

thanks rich lae . i did this and it worked fantastically for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Resetting it did not work for me. It keeps turning on and then turning back off on its own. Also, it will not completely sync with my phone. The only things that will sync are the time and date. But I can't get anything else too. I just bought this watch 5months ago, and I try and take really good care of it, so I'm not sure why this is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SydneyKBrown im not sure why it is happening either.

Have you tried a shutdown throught the settings menu on the Blaze?

It might be time to contact.fitbit.com and have them look at the backend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @MiaPia@Parshv@SydneyKBrown and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to hear that for some of you the instructions provided by our friend @Rich_Laue worked and that your trackers are now working properly. Woman Very Happy

@SydneyKBrown In your case, I recommend following the restart procedure a couple of times more, also if your tracker is not syncing, follow the steps provided in the Having trouble syncing? post.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

My Fitbit stopped working during a run - black screen, would not charge ( even though I knew the battery was good).  I read posts ref resetting my FitBit Blaze by holding the 2 x Right Hand Side (RHS) buttons, simultaneously, for 15 seconds - but this did not work.  I repeated this a number of times for anything up to 40 seconds - no go.

I contacted FitBit via LiveChat and they asked me to hold the LHS single button and the bottom RHS button together.  In less than 10 seconds the Fitbit Logo came up and all was good again.  I also checked the charging ability - all good.

Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Cliff35 and thanks for providing the steps you did to fix your Blaze issue. I am glad to hear that your tracker is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Blaze stopped working at 0115 this morning, it still logs steps etc but I have a blank screen. Tried hard reset sax described above but still nothing. Bought it in Jan this year 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my blaze for 4 days. Fully charged kust quit working. Tried restarting it multiple times and its not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @Poger and @Melissa2sparks, thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourselves.

At the moment of plugging the tracker into the cradle, are you able to see the battery icon or it stills blank? In the meantime, please confirm you are doing the following to restart your trackers:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I follow this suggestion & it worked for me..My Fitbit came back to life. Apparently, the reason why it went completely into black screen was because the battery was completely discharged. As soon as I followed the suggestion, the logo came on and the battery light showed up subsequently indicating that the battery was completely discharged. Thank you. I was really scared.

Best Answer
Not the same. Mine just shuts off at random times and it can be, and
usually is, completely charged. I'm sick of it, actually.
Best Answer
Mine has been working on and off. I had to hard, restart again the other
day, now it is working. But it does continue to do this. I really wish
the product worked better and synced better.
Mia
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya, I'm super disappointed. I have a cheap one I got that does 10x better
than my FitBit and I paid almost 80% less.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to say thank you for helping me, all day I have been looking for a solution and I finally stumbled upon yours and it worked!

Best Answer