Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit Blaze is not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit app is refusing to sync with my Blaze. I have tried every recommendation.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41
Seems they’re useless after a short while!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Short? Blaze is over 5 years old and was discontinued over 3 years ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to know! Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doubt I will either!

Oh I didn’t know it had been discontinued! Never going to sync then, is it?!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KathyMH Discontinued just means they took it off their store mainly. But they stopped doing software updates as well. Support continues. Have you tried chat support? I don't remember all the steps they had to try for syncing. Mine still works mostly, I lost interest in it as soon as I got a Versa 1, 3.5 years ago. But I'll boot it up and test it when there are claims here that Fitbit did something to kill it. Not that you are claiming that. Mine is syncing fine with 2 phones.

@KathyMH I reread the thread. You did try support. Blaze is old. Maybe yours is just wore out? 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
It works perfectly well on its own. Just refuses to sync with my phone and iPad 🤷‍:female_sign: Just another ruse to make you purchase an up to date one 😡 Fitbit can do one!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KathyMH I have no problem at all on android. Are you sure it's not Apple that wants you to buy a new product?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted tech support today (April 30) because my Blaze has not been syncing with my Samsung S6 for two days. Curiously this was the same day that they pumped out the new app.  After many hours of trying everything - they basically told me I will need to get a new Fit Bit and they sent me some sort of code for 35% off a new Fit Bit. I think this is a total freaking rip-off. They break something at their end and expect us to pay for a new watch.  I am so pissed off that I think I'm going to look to another brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, it’s all about the money. I definitely won’t be buying another Fitbit!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@steve111 What other brand do you think is going to keep supporting Nougat (Android 7.0) for long?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t have Android.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am back with an update.  I had the syncing problem with my Moto G8.  I tried everything including reinstalling the app on the Moto G8.  The last time I did that the Blaze would not pair.  It would display the 4 digits but then the app would not finish the pair.

So I resurrected the Samsung Galaxy 5 and I was able to pair it but it required at least one restart.  Then in the first day I had to restart it again with the Galaxy 5 at least once.

But in the last several days it works fine with the Galaxy 5.  I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and the Blaze to stop syncing but for now it works fine.   I had a problem today until I remembered that notifications must be turned on on the Blaze for it to sync.  Sure enough it was turned off.

Go figure

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s certainly moody 🤷‍:female_sign: But glad yours is working now. Fingers crossed....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here just yesterday. Now the time is off, too, by a couple of hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my sister has a blaze. Hers has been acting the same way.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze keeps poor time, yes a couple of hours, unless it is synced
regularly. I think the clock may actually stop in some of the processes of
trying to sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It automatically reset itself later this morning! 🙃

Robin Wantland
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update

I had sync problems with my Moto G8 and eventually i could not get the Blaze to pair with the G8 on Android 10

So I switched to an old phone without a sim, a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it worked much better

In the last week it has had problems syncing again.  Sometimes it seemed to help to change a sitting or turn the notifications on the Blaze off and on again.  In the last couple of days it would not sync after trying all the tricks mentioned here and other places I tried.  I set the phone aside and several hours later it had synced again.  It seems like the sync timer times out before it gets done syncing and then just gives up.  Some time later it finishes the sync.  I do have 'all day sync turned on.

So is the problem poor software or worn out hardware or is just that Fitbit is trying to force me to upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Balfate of your choices listed, my vote is worn out Blaze. Mine is over 5 years old and mostly sits shut off. But when I turn it on to test something like this,  it syncs just fine on both my galaxy S7 and S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another update

I started having sync problems with my Blaze and Moto G8 phone that you can see on previous posts.  I then went back to an old Samsung Galaxy 5 and the Blaze worked fine.  After several months I started having sync problems with the Galaxy.  I eventually found that restarting the Blaze and waiting until the Blaze had completely restarted it often would sync but sometimes it took several tries.  I also found that the error codes did not match the problem.  One example was that I got a message on my phone "device not found" but it would soon finish syncing.  Go figure.

Yesterday I got a message that I needed to update Fitbit but the Android version on my phone was too old to support the latest Fitbit version.  So I went back to the G8 and it works fine.  

So it seems that for some reason after a time (months at least) it stops working on whatever device it is on.  There are no moving parts, just silicone, so I don't think it is a hardware problem but software.  Is it planned obsolesce or poor programming? 

Either way it is Fitbit's fault and they should fix it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes