Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications between Blaze and Galaxy S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a FitBit Blaze (FW Version Number 17.8.402.1) and a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Up to date as of 1/16/18 @ 10:37am CST).

I received the S8+ on New Years Day 2018.  At first, the notifications were not working correctly.  After some forum reading, I saw that the S8+ software needed to be updated.  After updating, the notifications worked correctly!  Since then, another S8+ updated was needed.  Now the notifications are no longer working.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was having notification compatibility issues between these two software versions.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the FitBit app, restarting the Blaze and Phone.  Reset the S8+ bluetooth settings, tried to go into Bluetooth Classic mode (which never connects by the way).

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @d847.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. If you are having issues with your notifications, I recommend taking a look at the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also done every step possible as well as calling the Fitbit customer service and sitting on the phone for 20 minutes while they tried to troubleshoot it, we tried every step possible at least 3 times.

After all this, she tells me that while it says the Blaze is compatible for the S8+...that texts, calls, and email notifications are not at this time, but they are working to resolve this issue.  She didn't know how long it would be, but is very sorry.. 

I just bought 2 Fitbit Blaze and both these features were one of the reasons that sold me on it, now I am being told it is "compatible", but not really.  Very frustrating so spend this much money and not get what you paid for.  

Is there any timeframe we are looking at here to getting this resolved?  

Best Answer