Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this Blaze for a while now. I've had issues before where I stopped receiving notifications and I've always been able to fix it with the tips I've found in this forum. I've tried them all multiple times.

This morning when I woke up and opened the app, there was a notification informing me there was a new Dashboard coming and I could use it if I wanted or stick with the original for now. I chose to stick with the original. Does this matter in any way? I'm not sure, all I know is it's the only thing that I've done different since yesterday and suddenly I'm not receiving text messages. I've re-synced, re-started, set up a new account, re-connected to my phone again, restarted everything again. Nothing works.

I've opened up help chats and once they here all this they start talking about warranty options. I bought this second hand, I don't have a warranty.

So is this is? Am I stuck with a watch that does one less thing now? Anyone else at all having this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144
The only thing I'm thinking of upgrading is too a different brand.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I started receiving texts and phone calls today.  Hopefully they have fixed the issue.  I don't do email notifications so don't know if that is now working.  Lets see if it lasts!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your lucky!! Mine still won't sync up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My messages and phone notifications are still not working. Plus, my BLAZE will not stay sync'd to my phone if I am 5 feet away or I have my phone on me. Maybe I need to switch to IPhone with and IPhone watch just to stay connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought with the new update to 3.5 today we would be on the right track. Of course I'll admit I was wrong. Mine won't stayed synced either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pavs05, Can I ask what phone and Fitbit you are using? This update didn't fix mine but I was hoping it would!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Pixel XL and have the Blaze. Nothing I'm doing is working. I think I have blisters on my fingers from shutting everything off and on a hundred times today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also disappointed this update didn't fix the problem. And sadly it seems it broke the link to the Verizon Messages+ app that was working so I am back to no texts on my Fitbit. I should not have taken the chance with the update today but I dislike the Messages+ app so much and was hoping to go back to the regular Android messaging app. 

Come on Fitbit, fix this thing or give us the option of a "Fitbit Classic" app. I am so tired of my watch not syncing text messages!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know I can't find any of my apps from the old Fitbit app. No txt, no phone and no baseball scores!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was surprised to get a call notification on my phone but it was an unknown caller and it showed my brothers name who called me prior to that. I think the upgrade messed it all up for us FitBit owners. Frustrating to have to sync your phone all the time so it doesn't drain the battery. 

Best Answer
It's all frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
And the Blaze.

Vickie Sedberry
"Put a little zoom-zoom in your life, be happy"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any fix in sight? I am having the same issue. I can receive every other notice just not texts. Scam to get everyone to buy a new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I had mine receiving text messages again by switching to a new text
app, but the 3.5 update messed that up! Shouldn't have taken a chance on it
I guess but I was truly hoping my faith in Fitbit could be restored.
Best Answer

Pretty sure this issue is with the older Fitbits as my husband's newer Versa doesn't have any issues. I'm betting they aren't super concerned about all of us with older devices, they figure we will blow ourselves out at some point and they will continue selling the new devices to poor saps who don't know how terrible the app is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol. Yep. You hit that one on the head!!! I'm not buying another Fitbit. I also read they are supplying the Chinese government with a low end Fitbit to give to all citizens to help them get healthy. We aren't a priority I'm sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My FitBut is now working Nd receiving notifications now. Let's see how long this last.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did too 4 a couple of hours then it quit again! 

Vickie Sedberry
"Put a little zoom-zoom in your life, be happy"
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I un-installed my texting app after the newest update killed it and then
reinstalled and redid all my setting in Fitbit to take the "new" app as my
default texting app. I'm getting most of my notifications now.

However, I just realized my watch hadn't synced since yesterday morning and
it's set to sync all day. 🙁
Best Answer
0 Votes