Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this Blaze for a while now. I've had issues before where I stopped receiving notifications and I've always been able to fix it with the tips I've found in this forum. I've tried them all multiple times.

This morning when I woke up and opened the app, there was a notification informing me there was a new Dashboard coming and I could use it if I wanted or stick with the original for now. I chose to stick with the original. Does this matter in any way? I'm not sure, all I know is it's the only thing that I've done different since yesterday and suddenly I'm not receiving text messages. I've re-synced, re-started, set up a new account, re-connected to my phone again, restarted everything again. Nothing works.

I've opened up help chats and once they here all this they start talking about warranty options. I bought this second hand, I don't have a warranty.

So is this is? Am I stuck with a watch that does one less thing now? Anyone else at all having this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

My blaze is doing the same thing, no messages, calls sometime come through,  it was telling me view message,  now nothing,  it all started 5 days ago, its annoying the hell out of me. Tried everything!! Onky 1 thing came through just now it was g mail, it has never came through before. Very odd.

Best Answer

Mine stared doing the same thing after I updated my SMS text app. No texts come to my Blaze, only phone calls, calendar alerts. I've tried every troubleshooting option I know of, and nothing. This is very frustrating cause I am always on the go and don't have time to look at my phone when every message comes in..

Best Answer

My fitbit stopped receiving all notifications, text, and phone most importantly yesterday, and my husbands has done the same thing. Everyone I work with is having the same issues. All android phones. Is this the issue? and how do we fix them.

Best Answer

Blaze stopped receiving text messages after new update! It will show incoming calls and calendar events! 

Please help fix this problem! 

Best Answer

Mine stopped receiving text messages yesterday. I've called customer support and jumped through all the hoops and steps to reset, reinstall it and still not working. I can receive phone calls and emails, just not text messages. Fix it please!

Best Answer

Since the latest update I can't get any notifications and syncing is hit and miss. Really frustrating. Thinking of ditching fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem ever since I clicked on the update.  I can receive e-mails, but no text nessagesy.  Has any one be able to find a solution?

Best Answer

My mom is having the same problem.  Her blaze will no longer receives text messages from her Android 8.1 but will receive other notifications that she hasn’t been able to receive in the last 3-4 months.  We have tried everything   Very annoying. 

Best Answer

Seems like after the update to the new dashboard (which is terrible by the way, IMO) that the APP can not recognize the text function and needs to be fixed by Fitbit then would need to release another update with the ability to read text messages! Seems like they rolled out a new update with some bugs! 

Best Answer
Okay,  hopefully this will be rectified ASAP. 🤞🤞🤞Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

Having the same problem! It's annoying,  because I have to always look at the phone. 

Best Answer

I was told in email "We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products." My guess is we are no longer a priority since we have watches they no longer sell. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the info. My husband and I are rather upset with this issue. We both work jobs were we rely on our fit bit text notifications to keep in touch. I appreciate your help.Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer

Wow, that really gives you the warm fuzzies doesn't it?.. that's pretty frustrating, being that it's their fault we are having this issue..

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @TopherWar @DMC33 @Pacey @RickyV. @OrphanAnnie @Kajunmuddin @Sammysamsam @SunsetRunner @Dubesor @SavannahSmith @Dadernaught. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thanks to all for reporting the issue with receiving text notifications. For the Android users, I recommend checking the following help article with useful information: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone? Sometimes a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? Move on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. 

@TopherWar I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with receiving text notifications. Thank you for providing the additional details and your efforts to resolve the issue. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with our Support Team and sharing their response. Thank you for your feedback, I understand your concern. As we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools. As a result, we no longer sell Fitbit Blaze, however we continue to support Blaze from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. I'd suggest to keep communication open with our team since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

@Pacey @RickyV. @Kajunmuddin @SunsetRunner @Dubesor thank you for sharing your experience. I understand that this can be very frustrating. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and your patience while we're working on the fix. 

@OrphanAnnie thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you and your husband stopped receiving all notifications. I recommend following the above steps to try to resolve the issue. I totally understand how you are feeling as you both rely on the text notifications. All the reports shared from users are helpful to continue investigating this and working on the fix.

@Sammysamsam thank you for joining the thread and sharing that since the latest update you're having difficulty with receiving notifications and syncing. I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation. Please try the troubleshooting steps from this help article to resolve the issue with syncing: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I recommend confirming the steps provided earlier to try to resolve the issue with notifications. 

@SavannahSmith thank you for sharing that your mom is having the same issue. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. I totally understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm if you've checked the complete troubleshooting steps provided above. 

@Dadernaught our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience.

@DMC33 I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried the complete troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue? 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got off the phone with Fitbit, and they said they were aware of
the issue. They are working on coming up with a solution.
Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit  -

It looks like there is no new information in the above links - can you confirm please? Many on this thread have already confirmed we’ve gone through the numerous and time-consuming troubleshooting—- and I’ll add my name to the growing list.  It it true this is a bug in a recent update and we are waiting for a fix?

thanks

-m

Best Answer
I have gone through all the steps and am still not receiving text notifications from my phone to my blaze. My email and all other notifications work just fine, not text messages.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Thanks for the update

Best Answer
0 Votes