Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this Blaze for a while now. I've had issues before where I stopped receiving notifications and I've always been able to fix it with the tips I've found in this forum. I've tried them all multiple times.

This morning when I woke up and opened the app, there was a notification informing me there was a new Dashboard coming and I could use it if I wanted or stick with the original for now. I chose to stick with the original. Does this matter in any way? I'm not sure, all I know is it's the only thing that I've done different since yesterday and suddenly I'm not receiving text messages. I've re-synced, re-started, set up a new account, re-connected to my phone again, restarted everything again. Nothing works.

I've opened up help chats and once they here all this they start talking about warranty options. I bought this second hand, I don't have a warranty.

So is this is? Am I stuck with a watch that does one less thing now? Anyone else at all having this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

I too have had problems lately with not receiving text notifications.  I tried everything and the helpdesk have so far been unable to help.  But, following advice on this thread, I changed my default messaging app to Tetra.  So far, everything is working!!  Thanks whoever suggested it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze will alert me when I have a text, but not show what it says. It looks like I should be able to click an option under where it tells me I have one to see them but nothing opens. I have the notifications on both my phone (Note 😎 and fitbit on. I also have the preview setting for my phone on. I checked the list of phones and it says mine is supported. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Sorry no ideas. I tried everything and think there is a compatability issue even though my phone (A6) is listed as compatible. I have spent hours on this problem. I was so delighted when Tetra worked that I wanted to share it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine and my wife's both lost text notifications around this same time.  Everything else comes through fine.  I have had some success switching my default text app from Google Messages to the Samsung native app, but I vastly prefer Google's app.  

Reverting back to 2.95 just now seems to have fixed it problem.  Now to prevent it from auto-updating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Thanks for sharing that. It sounds like an alternative solution to mine. I shall probably try it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only downside that I see is having to turn off auto updates.  Otherwise the problematic v3.0 will just reinstall.  Google presents me with a method to work around that but I'll have to do it later.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you go back to Fitbit 2.95? I can't seem to find it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I have not done that so I don’t know. It was on another post
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
How are you able to revert back to the 2.95 version?
Best Answer
0 Votes

HUGE caveat: This only works for Android. 

All I did was search "fitbit 2.95" and used the first link to ___mirror.com.  If you're unfamiliar with installing Android apps from anywhere other than the Play store, make sure you look up instructions on how to do that too.

Maybe a helpful soul could assist with the iPhone version of how to install an older version of the app.

Best Answer
But how did you find the 2.9 version. every time I reinstall, I get the 3.0
or 3.1 version.

I'm glad yours works now. goes to show, don't do the updates if it already
works!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Link to 2.95 below:

Edit: linking to the $$$  even saying the name of the required file is not allowed.  Fitbit will not fix the issue but will not allow us to help each other fix?  Interesting strategy in a thread full of people using aging equipment, and who may be pondering whether or not to upgrade with Fitbit or move to another platform.

I just searched Fitbit 2.9.5 and followed to the Site Which Shall Not Be Named.  Download from there.

Delete current version.  Navigate using your phone browser, download, and run.  You will probably have follow the prompt to allow Android to install.

You will have to turn off auto updates or it will just get replaced by the newer, buggy version.

Best Answer

@OrphanAnnie Make sure you're not trying to go through the Play store. That'll definitely end up with you having version 3.1.

@av8r75 has the right idea. We can't post some of the keywords that would help you find it a little easier, but if you just search "fitbit 2.9.5", you should see the right site as the top result.  The site is something like ___mirror.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to jump on this chain and note that I am experiencing the same/similar issues.

I have a Pixel 2 XL.

I don't recall exactly when, but definitely around 7/11, my Blaze ceased to receive phone notifications from Messages (default txt app) and the Google Voice app.

My Blaze continues to receive phone notifications from other apps.

In the time since noticing the issue, I have restarted my phone, restarted my Blaze, disable/enabled Bluetooth, removed and re-added my Blaze from the phone app, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app. At this point in the chain it should be no surprise that the issue still exists.

I saw one lengthy response from Fitbit in this chain where a problem was acknowledged and a solution was being worked. Also in that post, and elsewhere in the Blaze category, I see Fitbit saying while they are discontinuing the Blaze line, they will continue to support the device from a software perspective.

Considering that, reverting to an old version of the app is not an acceptable solution and could lead to bigger problems for less tech savvy users. 

I would like to see a pinned post by Fitbit, or a response/edit to the pinned 3.1/Latest release announcement, acknowledging issues for at least some users and that a fix is in the works.

I've been a Fitbit user since January 2015. I've had success with both hardware and software issues in the past. That history plays no small part in my decision to stay with Fitbit. I do expect Fitbit to address the issue and update the community with a status.

Best Answer

@Diogenes  I 100% agree with everything you've said. Reverting to an old version is not something I'd recommend for anyone unfamiliar with the world of unofficial Android apps and the inherent dangers that may come with installing something not vetted by the Play store. Personally, I was willing to try, but that might not be the right route for everyone.

If Fitbit would at least come out and say "We're working on it," I like to think that'd help tamp down some of the frustration people are feeling.

Best Answer

same thing is happening to me, tried everything I can think of, and might get rid of it too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pixel 3, and started receiving every notification but text messages on my Blaze when they did an update around the second week of this month. I tried all of the rebooting, erasing the app, and everything else usually do in this instance.

I was told I can use a 25% off coupon that Fitbit gave me. But when I went on a website ( I guess I can't say which) it was at a much more discounted price.

So I just bought a new one like a dummy. I figured no matter how many updates I find since they no longer sell the Blaze I would have this problem. I am not pleased with Fitbit though. So this will be my last time buying one.

Been a user since 2015.

Best Answer

I guess Fit Notifications (from play store) is gonna have to do for now 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to Google and uploaded the 2.95 version of fit bit and after
uninstalling the old watch and reinstalling it again....EVERYTHING WORKS!
it is so nice to be able to receive texts again.
I want to thank everyone for all your help and advice.
I gave the instructions that someone had posted (step by step) to a
co-worker and they were able to fix their issue too!!!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this notifications issue. I understand how all are feeling about this.

@Dubesor, thanks for sharing this information, I know our friend having this issue will find it helpful.

@moyalynne@kimw19@Rghoney@Nanc74@RickyV.@nunzi@Dollyg112@AmandaSae@OrphanAnnie@shirlkimberlin, @SunsetRunner, @DMC33@Mdalke@RobSpewack@Polar-bear@Jessica_B_@av8r75@Diogenes@nukec1 and @SunsetRunner, if you are having problems with this feature, I recommend making sure you have followed the instructions provided in the help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

Also, I suggest verifying that your phones are compatible. You can check this by seeing the article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?.

I will see you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer