Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had this Blaze for a while now. I've had issues before where I stopped receiving notifications and I've always been able to fix it with the tips I've found in this forum. I've tried them all multiple times.

This morning when I woke up and opened the app, there was a notification informing me there was a new Dashboard coming and I could use it if I wanted or stick with the original for now. I chose to stick with the original. Does this matter in any way? I'm not sure, all I know is it's the only thing that I've done different since yesterday and suddenly I'm not receiving text messages. I've re-synced, re-started, set up a new account, re-connected to my phone again, restarted everything again. Nothing works.

I've opened up help chats and once they here all this they start talking about warranty options. I bought this second hand, I don't have a warranty.

So is this is? Am I stuck with a watch that does one less thing now? Anyone else at all having this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

am seriously considering ditching Fitbit all together... (which is really annoying seeing I have been with Fitbit for YEARS !... 😞 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.mine i bought it brand new.i have been using fitbit blaze for quite sometimes now.but, all of a sudden the text messages will appear but i can't open and then all of a sudden notification are not capturing my blaze anymore. I did the same thing log off log on reset everything still nothing happen. Any idea?

Best Answer

Last night I received like 3 texts...is this fixed??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze still isn't receiving texts, so I do not think it is fixed.

Best Answer

i've tried everything you guys mentioned, even spoke to someone on the chat and did it all over again. nothing has worked.

Best Answer
Since last week i never received any messages if i do ,i can't open the
msgs.mine isn't fix yet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to add myself on this list. I actually called Fitbit and they were not helpful at all. This is very frustrating.

Best Answer

I really hope Fitbit resolves this issue sooner than later. It is very frustrating & unfair to all of us whose had our Blaze for  years! 

Best Answer

Just downloaded the new update for Fitbit. It did not help the text issue at all..

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uploaded the new version also. It said it was 3.1. Still not working.  A friend at work found the 2.9 version, and hers works. Still hoping they will find a fix. This is very frustrating when I spent a lot of money for the ability to read my texts and now it won't do it.Seems really poor service. I wouldn't recommend Fit bit to anyone after this.Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything numerous times and mine still doesn't work which is very frustrating.  My daughter wants me to buy a newer version of Fitbit but I don't think that's going to happen.  Undoubtedly Blaze owners are not worth Fitbits time or they would fix the issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to do the same thing and go back to the version 2.9 of the Fitbit app on android (Samsung 9). As soon as I installed the older 2.9 version, I immediately started getting text messages again and everything is syncing just fine. I get text messages, my yahoo mails come in with full info and not just a "..." listed.

Fitbit created this issue with their latest release. The question now is whether they will actually fix it since the Blaze is considered an end of life product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can someone tell me how to install the 2.9 version?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I decided to do the same thing and go back to the version 2.9 of the Fitbit app on android (Samsung 9). As soon as I installed the older 2.9 version, I immediately started getting text messages again and everything is syncing just fine. I get text messages, my yahoo mails come in with full info and not just a "..." listed.

Fitbit created this issue with their latest release. The question now is whether they will actually fix it since the Blaze is considered an end of life product.

How do you revert back to the previous version? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to post the link to where I found it but the forum won't let me. You can do a search for older fitbit app and can find a link for it.

Uninstall the current app from your phone and then go to that website above on your phone. It lists a bunch of older versions and I selected 2.9. You can then click on download and it will download a file. Go to your "downloads" directory on your phone and then select the file and open it. On my Samsung it asked me if I wanted to open it using the app details or the package installer. Select the package installer (this may be different on different phones) and it will install the 2.9 version. Note: you will probably have to set your phone to allow app installations from unknown sources in order to do this since it doesn't come from the Google Play store so it is a do it a your own risk type of thing.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I tried to post the link to where I found it but the forum won't let me. You can do a search for older fitbit app and can find a link for it.

Uninstall the current app from your phone and then go to that website above on your phone. It lists a bunch of older versions and I selected 2.9. You can then click on download and it will download a file. Go to your "downloads" directory on your phone and then select the file and open it. On my Samsung it asked me if I wanted to open it using the app details or the package installer. Select the package installer (this may be different on different phones) and it will install the 2.9 version. Note: you will probably have to set your phone to allow app installations from unknown sources in order to do this since it doesn't come from the Google Play store so it is a do it a your own risk type of thing.

I googled it and Google have a very instructive way of doing it. I installed version 2.95 and my texts work again!! Thanks for the help!! My Charge 2 also has the same issue with this new update so I'm going to have a forum for that as well. This problem needs to be addressed and fixed and apparently Fitbit has no idea how detrimental this will be for them if they don't..

Best Answer

Google watch!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this information!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issues.  However, while on a chat with support, I was not advised of any on going issues.  I was told that mine is out of warranty and they gave me a 25% off voucher for a new FitBit.  Has this issues been resolved?  Is there a timeframe was to when it will be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't seem like it. I'm in the same boat as you (just tried support, got a code for a discount on a new one), and they didn't mention anything about a future fix.  Since the older version fix seems to be working, I'm going with that route.  Only other option seems to be waiting for the app to be updated, and who knows how long that'll take.

Best Answer
0 Votes