Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications STOP working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Blaze for ~2 days and this has happened twice already. 

iOS 9.2. 

Notifications will work for a while and then stop altogether. 

Fixing it requires me to go int othe Fitbit app, turn off notifications, sync, turn notifications back on, and sync again.

Not terribly difficult, but annoying to have to fix so often. If it's not on your radar as a bug already, I hope you put it on there now! 🙂 

Thanks.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39
Check your settings and make sure you have your screen set to turn on when
you raise your arm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

Where do I find setting where watch screen goes on when I lift my arm?
I can't find it in Fitbit

Kind Regards
Cathryn

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
On your Fitbit go to settings the very first option says quick view if it
is on your screen should turn on when you raise your wrist
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok its working now many thanks

Kind Regards
Cathryn

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

Sorry to tell you but you were beating arround the bush because all these solution you post are working but this was not the point.The problem is that you have to repeat those procedures over and over again if you want your notifications to work.

A solution is accepted when the problem is solved like forever.

I m sorry but I had before a fitness bracellet that cost me 10€ and I didn't had a single problem with the notifications.Not a single problem in 2 years.I never missed a notification.Now excuse me but this watch is not quite 10€ and it's annoying that fitbit is not capable to solve this minor and insignifiant issue.So why complicating  things with theories and explanations instead of fixing the problem.C'mon it's not like a 10€ bracellet has some super powers.

Best Answer

Hi I tried your solution and still not showing reminders for steps when hour up is approaching, notices of text messages, etc.  Thanks!

Best Answer

@Adifb a solution gets accepted by the origanal poster when the original poster recieves a response ttat, when followed, got their problem solved.

It has nothing to do with responses that where posted after the thread was solved. It definately would make things easier if these extra post where put in their own thread. I'mnot not removing the solved status for the above reason.

For me on the few occaisions that notifications don't work a simple restart of the phone fixed them.

@KilboJ have you checked to make sure your Blaze is not in its Do Not Disturb mode? Instructions are found above. If DND is off then please restart your tracker, by holding in both the left and lower right buttons for 12 seconds. 

I suggest this because phone snd text notifications originate in the phone, and reminders to move originate in the tracker, the common point is the tracker.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

I insist.Turning off the watch or the phone are not solutions even if they work.This is annoying and this is not my purpose in life(to turn on and off the watch or the phone every second day)

Please accept a gift from me, a 10€ bracellet capable to deliver every single notification.I don t want to use big words but it s a shame that fitbit cannot provide this in a quality manner cause fitbit is wanted to be an important brand.but if they cannot deal with a such minor detail while a 10€ bracellet can, I don t know what to say.It s obvious that they can easily fix but they are showing no interest in this matter.

Best Answer

Apparently the person who started the thread felt their problem was resolved and marked it so. I have no way of knowing what goes through their mind.

Sorry i still say if it wasn't the answer you where kooking for, dont post your question in a solved thread.

Best Answer
Tried replying to this earlier. My issue is resolved wasn't aware I could turn notifications off by the device. All working well now. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me after the instructions from Fitbit did not help. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

didn't work for me.  nothing did.  tried repeatedly... very unhappy.  Is there a fix for this 'bug'?  

Best Answer

The support team has been horrible to work with.  I contacted them almost 3 weeks ago informing them that I can not receive email notifications on my Fitbit Blaze.  I have emailed them screen shots of my phone to prove my settings are correct, and all they have responded was "Have you tried the troubleshoot options?" To which I say each time- YES! In the 3 weeks that I have emailed them, they take DAYS to respond.  I thought this would be an issue that could be cleared up within a few days. This has been some of the worst customer support I have ever received.

Best Answer
Agree. I went thru all the steps 5x before I called them for help. The guy went down the steps posted online- exactly what I did 5x. They are no help at all. Supposedly they "are working on it." I don't believe them.
Since only half of features work may be they should refund me half the cost of the watch.
Best Answer

I have found that the only time I get a notification of a text or a phone call is if I have the app running in the background on my Galaxy s5. I'm using the Fibit Charge 2. Is this normal? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimshe if Fitbit notifications are enabled the app will be in memory. 

Best Answer

That's exactly what I thought as well, however I don't get notifications for texts coming in or phone calls unless I stay logged into the app and have it running in the background. 

Best Answer

@Kimshe that is correct, for the Fitbit app to be able to send notifications to the tracker, the app needs to be running. 

@SCrawStock without knowing which post, who, or what solution your referring to, I'm unable to help. You mention multiple devices. Are you referring to having multiple Fitbit trackers on your account or having multiple phones/tablets that you sync through. 

Are you having a sync issue or a notification issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try logging out of fitbit app and signing back in, this worked with my fitbit sense... Notifications were being received which proved set up correct, then suddenly stopped and message in fitbit said restart phone,  this didn't work, neither did switching Bluetooth off and on again,.... But logging out of fitbit app brought me success 😁👍 

Best Answer
0 Votes