Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Error Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my phone yesterday (Motorola Droid Mini) and today I tried pairing my Blaze.  Blaze Classic paired fine, but I kept getting an error message that said, "Couldn't pair with Blaze because of an incorrect PIN or passkey".  Sorry if this topic has been asked before.  Any suggestions?  Should I uninstall and re-install my Blaze, and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CarolineBP, hope you are having a great day! If you're receiving an "Incorrect Pin or Password" error, chances are you're trying to set up or sync your tracker using Bluetooth settings instead of the Fitbit app. To sync you just need to open the app and it will start automatically. Please try the troubleshoot suggested here. If after that your tracker is not syncing get in touch with customer support, they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshoot. @Rich_Laue and @NickMonger thanks for your cooperation! 😉 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24
Hi Caroline, I recommend removing the Blaze from your profile via the Fitbit app.

- open the Fitbit app and choose the Account tab in the far right
- select the Blaze at the top of your screen
- scroll down and select remove
- Close the Fitbit app
- go to your Bluetooth settings on your Droid and make sure the blaze is not showing in the list. If it is, remove it
- open the Fitbit app
- again, go to the Account Tab
- choose setup a device and follow the on screen instructions

Hope that works
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, forgot to say that you should pair your Blaze away from any other device that could be using a Bluetooth signal such as Headsets, bluetooth tv remotes or console controllers.
Best Answer

@CarolineBP, first let me say, before you do anything suggested above.
Bluetooth Classic is paired through the phone's Bluetooth settings .
For the Blaze Bluetooth Low Energy, this mustt be done through the app.

So to pair the Blaze

1. Start tree Fitbit App up,
  2. log into your Fitbit account.
  • The App goes out and gets your info.
  • The App know knows which Fitbit you have connected to your account
  • The App now pairs the Fitbit to your phone.

Best Answer
@Rich_Laue nothing that I suggested would cause any issue, and could have resolved the problem. No need to act so high and mighty
Best Answer
0 Votes

What I was trying to say is that this is a new phone we are talking about. The user user was trying to pair through the Phone's BT screen. Doing it this way will give the error that was received everyone.

To pair an existing device to a phone, the only thing to do is log into the Fitbit account and let the app so what it is suppose to do.

Yes removing the Blaze from the account won't hurt things, but should be completely unnecessary. Once removed the App needs to be told what tracker to connect, which the app already knew before the tracker was removed.

Best Answer

Thank you both @NickMonger and @Rich_Laue for so kindly trying to help me.  I have done what each of you gentlemen have suggested and I still get the "Incorrect PIN or passkey" error message.  I completely re-set up the Blaze.  It has no problems pairing with Blaze Classic and can easily find my Blaze, it just won't pair.  Any further suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help, I do appreciate it.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, just to clarify, my phone isn't new, I just did an update on it.  It wasn't pairing well before the update, but at least now the phone finds the Blaze much easier.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Caroline, how are you trying to pair the blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NickMonger, I open Bluetooth on my phone and tap on "search for devices".  It finds my Blaze, then I tap on it.  It says, "pairing..." for only a few seconds before the PIN/passcode error message comes up in a small box.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, you do not need to do that. The Bluetooth connection should be handled only through the Fitbit app itself. Once you add the blaze to your profile your phone should ask you if you want to Pair with the Blaze.
Best Answer

Nick, I don't remember the phone asking me for that when I added it.  I will re-add the Blaze and see if it works.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set up the Blaze again, and I got a message box saying that there were "Bluetooth issues" , and to press Cancel to try again.  If I continue seeing this message, press "Restart Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth off and on."  I have tried both options and get a message saying that the Fitbit Bluetooth service was busy, to try again.  I then got the same PIN/passcode error message.  *Sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes
turn the phone completely off, then turn on, this will restart all hardware and software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Rich_Laue.  I did try your suggestion, but I sadly got the same PIN/passkey error message.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggestions anyone?

Best Answer

Hello @CarolineBP, hope you are having a great day! If you're receiving an "Incorrect Pin or Password" error, chances are you're trying to set up or sync your tracker using Bluetooth settings instead of the Fitbit app. To sync you just need to open the app and it will start automatically. Please try the troubleshoot suggested here. If after that your tracker is not syncing get in touch with customer support, they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshoot. @Rich_Laue and @NickMonger thanks for your cooperation! 😉 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Hi @AngelaMa!  Thanks so much for for your reply.  I tried NUMEROUS times to pair the Blaze with Bluetooth via the Fitbit app, not with the Bluetooth setting.  I repeatedly got the "Incorrect PIN or passkey" message.  Frankly, I gave up!  I checked my phone settings and it said I had yet another update to do, which I did.  After that, the Fitbit app paired!  Woo Hoo!  So far it has been paired for two whole days.  I had to change my message app to Handscent because Messaging was only giving me messages sporadically.  Now, it seems to be working fine.  Woo Hoo again!  I'm hoping it will stay this way because I really like getting my notifications.  🙂  Thanks again @Rich_Laue and @NickMonger for trying to help me.  🙂

Best Answer

@CarolineBP I'm glad to hear that after the update your Blaze is working properly! 🙂 Thanks for sharing, hope to see you around more often! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Caroline:

You are not alone.  I am new to this fitbit, Blaze is my version, and I have been getting the same issues.  I have tried to pair it with my new iphone SE and when doing so, it just keeps saying "tracking"...but never ends or finishes the job.  When I am on my iMac 9running vers 10.10.5 - it says I need to start the bluetooth when it is already on.  This is so confusing I am almost ready to return it after trying to fix this for the last 3 days!'

Any help anywhere would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Best Answer
0 Votes