Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not found on blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze is connected classic and normally. The blaze has connected and used my phones GPS before for my runs, this week it just WONT.  

I've restarted the phone, the blaze, Bluetooth,  I'm at a loss, they're connected yet on set to track exercise blaze says phone not found.

Also unrelated but the dashboard doesn't update like it did, with active hrs and sleep??

Weird, why is it all going to pot?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Start up the Fitbit app, and have it at least in the background. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@MRSCTA when asking about a phone problem it is helpful to know the phone type.

Is tye Fitbit notifacations services running, and are you able to get notifacations? 

Depending on the type of phone you may need to have the Fitbit app in memory, it doesn't need to be up front

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @MRSCTAUsers may see the following error state if their tracker is unable to connect to their phone. If this happens, please ensure the following: phone is within range, your app is open, phone is charged up, Bluetooth enabled and bonded, and Internet connection is present. You can learn more about Connected GPS here

Thanks for your input @Rich_Laue

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone is Sony z5 Xperia.

I get notifications,  but sometimes through the day the connection stops and notifications turn off. Literally never been an issue before though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of this is true, but not having the app open.

Do you need the app open to use GPS connection for a run?

Best Answer

With the Charge 2 I need the app in memory on my Galaxy S5, it can be in the background and not running. I just needs to be in memory. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean 'in memory'?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Start up the Fitbit app, and have it at least in the background. 

Best Answer

Ok, I'll give this a go tomorrow and see if having the app open works.

Maybe the times its worked is due to leaving the app open and not closing it!

I've read the help guide and watched the video loads, doesn't mention leaving app open. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the app open in the background works a treat 🙂

Best Answer

The first time I used mine I didn't have the app open. But now my samsung j7 won't link to my blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what your trying to do @HUNNYBUNS does your trscker not sync, or are you trying to set it up?

Have you restarted the phone? Or the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze wouldn't link to my phone GPS when going for my walk. But I
figured it out.I restarted my phone. Now its working.Thank you for
responding though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me Samsung 8 plus guess fitbitt app is running something that connects I was getting an error check Fit bit app ..

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes