Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting Blaze to sync with Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my blaze for a few years and upgraded my phone in 2016 to a Samsung s8 which worked fine with my blaze I had no tro7ble syncing or finding the tracker. That is until January 2019. My iPad is able to find the tracker and sync but my phone can no longer find or sync.

I have tried the following :

Turning blue tooth off and on again

Turning my phone off and on again

Turning my blaze off and on again

Restarting my phone

Restarting my blaze

Impairing blaze from phone - I can't pair it back up

Removing my blaze device from fitbit account to try and pair again on phone - has not worked can't pair up after several failed attempts I paired it up again using my iPad

Am I missing something here? All previous threads advise what I've done and has worked. 

I was considering purchasing a new versa but I'm not concerned that won't connect with my phone now either 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Kayleyjan, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting your Blaze to connect with your Samsung S8. Thanks a lot for the time and for your efforts in trying to get it to connect. I'd like to help you out with this.

In my experience and knowledge, for some reason it seems that when a tracker is paired to two different devices (even more when one is an Android and the other one is an iOS), if both devices Bluetooth is turned on, the tracker will just sync to one of them.

My recommendation would be that if you want your tracker to sync to your Samsung phone, you turn off the Bluetooth on the iPad. Just give it a try that way and see if there's any change.

If you need more help with this. feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes