Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View not so quick

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went on a 10K run today. I have Quick View turned on. 80% of the time when I tried to look at my wrist it did not turn on. I had to do awkward motions for it to show up or hit the button. This is very annoying and was ruining my stride and focus. This is a fitness tracker. I want to track my fitness. Running is the most popular use for a fitness tracker.

I mentioned this as an issue to the support team and they proceeded to tell me how I should turn my wrist to activate it. That is not the appropriate solution. The motion of looking at one's wrist should be fairly obvious from the accelerometers. 

Please update your algorithm that determines if someone is looking at their FitBit or not. Do not tell us how to move our arm and rotate our wrist.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hmmm... I think you're right about that @hippochips. I've not really tested the Quickview feature while running but I'd hope for this to be fine tuned and implemented in the next firmware updates.

Thanks for pointing  that out.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @hippochips. Welcome to the Community Forums!

I totally understand what you're saying. Please take a look at this thread where I gave some further explanation on how it works.

Let me know if you need more help with this! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

That does explain how it works in general. It seems to work fine when you're not moving and, therefore, when making very predictable motions. It does not work well during running and my initial concern is still unresolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... I think you're right about that @hippochips. I've not really tested the Quickview feature while running but I'd hope for this to be fine tuned and implemented in the next firmware updates.

Thanks for pointing  that out.

Best Answer

My Fitbit was also not properly counting stairs (it missed nearly 50% of the 1 floor flights of 10 feet in a hotel staircase without me pausing while walking and while wearing the watch loosely). Customer support sent me a replacement device. That fixed the missed flights of stairs and it also seems to be responding better to lifting my wrist. Perhaps it was defective from the start in a few ways. It's weird that it partially worked though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @hippochips!

I'm glad to hear that getting a replacement fixed the issue and  that you're now back on track! Let me know if you need any extra help! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just completed the latest update to my Fitbit software. I noticed after that update that when I bring my arm up for the quick view it doesn't turn on and I can't see my current status. I must physically tap or press the button in order to see the Fitbit face. So the quick view issue is not fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Singkalora. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having issues with the QuickView feature. Have you tried to restart your tracker and see if that helps? If not, you can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After the restart, try it out and see how it goes.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes