Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick view working when it's off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just purchased the Blaze and I have the quick view feature off on my device and in the iOS app. When I move my arm though, the display sometimes lights up. Has anybody else had this issue and what did you do to fix it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@kweston wrote:

So I just purchased the Blaze and I have the quickview feature off on my device and in the IOS app. When I move my arm though, the display sometimes lights up. Has anybody else had this issue and what did you do to fix it?

Yes, I'm pretty sure there's a bug in the display runtime. I've posted about it elsewhere. Last night I had the same situation with the Original face and Quickview turned off on both my Blaze and in the app, which was also echoed on the web settings page. However my Blaze still lit up if I moved my arm.

I tried resetting my Blaze quite a few times, as well as rebooting my phone to try and force the "off" setting. Eventually it seemed to get through.

Another quirk @EmersonFitbit?

Best Answer
I just tried and was able vto get the same inconsistent response, someone out stayed off but not always. I noticed also that when the screen lights up that it doesn't turn off as fast as when quickview is on. A reboot of the Blaze, while in off did not help.
Best Answer

Hello @kweston welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Very Happy Are you still experiencing issues with your Blaze and the Quick View option? @SunsetRunner you mentioned you noticed this issue with Quick View on this thread@Rich_Laue thanks for your cooperation. 

I will keep an eye for any report about this feature and keep you posted! 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I am. Fitbit sent me a new one and it's still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a big deal, but mine does it occasionally as well.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also had the same problem and FitBit sent me a new one, which also does it. Even though Quickview is turned off, it continues to light up. During the day, I don't mind this but at night, it lights up the entire ceiling and wakes me up. I no longer sleep with my Blaze because it's so annoying. Good thing I still have my Charge HR so I sleep with that. So annoying to have to change FitBits to sleep!
Best Answer

I have the exact same problem, with identical symptoms.

With Quick View disabled on both the phone and device, my screen lights up intermittently, sometimes more often than with QV enabled, and takes longer to go dark

Is it possible to file a bug report for this problem, or others, for that matter.

Clearly this is an issue with multiple users

In the two weeks that I have owned the device, and looked up multiple issues, it appears that most remain unresolved, with little more than a message from a moderator asking if the problems persist

Best Answer

Hello @Llirik42 welcome to the Fitbit Community! If you already restarted your Blaze and synced after turning off the Quick View function on your Blaze, I would suggest to reach out to our support team so they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshoot. @frapilu and @kweston thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your Blaze:( our team is looking into this and any update will be posted on this thread. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this issue ever fixed? I assumed it was a bug and would get patched through an update. I have my quickview turned off so as to conserve battery so it's not constantly turning on while I'm working yet I still find it turning on, and quite often. I just got my Blaze less than a week ago so it's brand new and I've made sure it's up to date.

Best Answer
No it was never resolved even after updates. I was sent a new Blaze and it still did that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been over a year since the last entry on this thread and the problem still persists.  Is anyone doing anything about this problem?

Best Answer

I've got the same problem.  Doesn't bother me except at night.  Very frustrating.  But I live with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Nabs13.

If your Blaze is turning on when the quick view option is off, I recommend restarting your Blaze by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Also, make sure that this option is off in your Blaze and the Fitbit app.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit has been restarted at least 4 times a week since it frequently
fails to sync with the application on my phone until it is restarted. This
has never resolved the Quickview problem.

Stu Kaplow
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the restart and it worked, at least for two nights.  I know in the past I did restart it and it seems that it fixed it for a short time.  I'll (obviously) watch it and just restart it if it happens again.  Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes